R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonar 6...  (Read 3643 times)

Adwin7

Sonar 6...
« on: October 19, 2006, 01:14:35 AM »

Has anyone tried it yet?

I just got it earlier last week did a few sessions on it and I am fairly impressed.

There are some small improvements and some larger improvements made. All in all they didn't mess anything up.

I enjoy the new interface, it has a slightly more integrated look, and more customization options make the work flow a bit better.

I do have a problem with it not recognizing my control surface at times, but the overall improvements have me very excited on what else there may be to it as I dig deeper.

Any one else have an oppinion on it.

Mark Pixley

Re: Sonar 6...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 01:18:23 AM »

I think Sonar continues to improve with each new version.

Of course I wish they would pack all the upgrades into one version and just sell it perfect to begin with but whadda I know?

The difference betweem 5 and 6 was negligible with the exception of the VC-64 and audiosnap.

the ACT feature may be cool I haven;t learned it yet.

I think the sound engine is pretty much the same, not the huge difference I heard from 3 to 5 versions.

i will say that out of all the software systems I have listened to Sonar is the most "fluid" sounding whatever that might mean...

Its kinda like saying the sound was purple.

I will also say that I get a feeling that the Cakewalk guys are serious about making this app a topnotch all level software tool...not something I get from other vendors...

The learning curve at times seems to get a little steep, but that sbecause I refuse to learn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.