R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: planes in wtc too small?  (Read 11091 times)

maxdimario

planes in wtc too small?
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:42:01 AM »

Quote:

And while some of the theories in circulation might seem extreme or ridiculous, he says he can prove that no Boeing 767 collided with the towers.

"The holes are too small," he says. "You can't disappear these things that way."

In his article, Reynolds writes that the Boeing 767's wingspan was 40 feet larger than the holes made by the impact into the Twin Towers, and the strength of the steel would have been too great even to allow the plane to penetrate the outer wall.

"If you run an aluminum plane into that thing, the plane is just going to get ripped," he says.

He says the mass of the plane was only three one-hundredths of 1 percent of the mass of the building. The collision would have been like a mosquito running into a mosquito net. Beyond that, he says the plane never would have been able to "park" inside the building in the way it did. A Boeing 767 would take up three-quarters of the length of the building and would have certainly been stopped by the thick steel core, which took up 28 percent of the floor space in the center of the tower, he says.

link:

http://www.boulderweekly.com/archive/090805/coverstory.html

Andy Peters

Re: planes in wtc too small?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 02:58:32 PM »

maxdimario wrote on Thu, 12 October 2006 06:42

Quote:

And while some of the theories in circulation might seem extreme or ridiculous, he says he can prove that no Boeing 767 collided with the towers.

"The holes are too small," he says. "You can't disappear these things that way."

link:

http://www.boulderweekly.com/archive/090805/coverstory.html

You must've missed last night's South Park.  All was revealed ...

-a
"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

djui5

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 03:21:27 PM »

One day we will all realize how bad our government really is...

one day..
Morale of the day? Stop looking at what you're hearing.
yngve hoeyland 07'

Randy Wright
Mix Engineer
Mesa, Arizona

bblackwood

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »

Do we need a 9/11 forum?
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 03:41:46 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/flash/flvplayer.swf?rev=116044579 9&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymotion.com%2Fget%2F11%2F320x 240%2Fflv%2F824766.flv%3Fkey%3D7c96daa3f7c084f4d0a4239313ce6 f171273ada%26log%3D1%26log_blog_key%3D5iZTXLg2BVsLk3syG%26lo g_referer%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.allsp.com%2Fs10%2F2.html&pr eviewURL=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.dailymotion.com%2Fdyn%2Fpreview %2F320x240%2F824766.jpg%3F20061012065615&autoStart=0& ;estatEnabled=1&estatClient=players_dm&estatSection= blog
I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com

Randy Hansen

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 05:33:44 PM »

John Ivan

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 06:07:17 PM »

On the morning of 911, I saw the tape of the second plane going in {I also saw it live} and said to my Wife, "Oh my God! It's 767!!" Rolling Eyes

Jet's  are easy to tell apart if you are obsessed with them.

Yeah, the holes are too small Rolling Eyes

HELP!! HELP!! I'M GOING NUT'S!!#$%^&*()_

me.......................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

J.J. Blair

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 07:26:28 PM »

I'm sorry, but anybody who buys any of this twin tower conspiracy is a fucking idiot.  You have to suspend not only all disbelief, but common sense as well.  I mean, really ... don't believe everything you read on the Internet.  Next thing you know, you'll be saying that plug-in Neve EQs sound as good as the real thing.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Taproot

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 08:48:10 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Thu, 12 October 2006 17:26

I'm sorry, but anybody who buys any of this twin tower conspiracy is a fucking idiot.

Jesus, motherfucking, tap-dancing Christ! Thank you!

p.s.- The buildings were just too big. Your perspective is off.
Jeffrey Reed
Taproot Audio Design
Oxford, Mississippi
www.taprootaudiodesign.com
www.myspace.com/taprootaudio

"That boy's so dumb, he thinks the Mexican border pays rent!" -Foghorn Leghorn

rankus

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 09:27:18 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Thu, 12 October 2006 16:26

I'm sorry, but anybody who buys any of this twin tower conspiracy is a fucking idiot.  .

Cool
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

rollmottle

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 09:35:01 PM »

you can explore all the alternate wack-job theories you want with the buildings falling down and the pentagon and this that and the other and i don't really care. it's entertaining to me. but having the audacity to sit there and tell me that what the ENTIRE WORLD and i saw with our own 2 eyes on that day were NOT 2 767s slamming into 2 buildings is just LUDICROUS. seriously, how fucking stupid do you have to be? it's on video from about 90 different angles. one too many circle jerks with the tin foil hat club watching Wag the Dog and the X-Files dude.

maybe we can send you all up in a 767 and slam it into a building to confirm what REALLY would happen.
SENTRALL Sound East
My SoundCloud | Twitter | www.sentrall.com

djui5

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 09:53:21 PM »

What was the cause of building 7's collapse?
yngve hoeyland 07'

Randy Wright
Mix Engineer
Mesa, Arizona

J.J. Blair

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 10:22:37 PM »

Randy, do you expect us to believe that a government that is this incompetent and incapable of keeping secrets is able to pull off a conspiracy of the magnitude you are suggesting without anybody telling Bob Woodward about it?  I mean, come on!  Oh yeah, they knew exactly when the terrorists were going to fly the planes into the buildings and were able to prep the towers with explosives under the nose of the former FBI terror czar who was in charge of WTC security.

NOT.

Do you know how long it takes to prep a building for demolition?  Do you know how much jack hammering and drilling is necessary, not to mention miles of cabling for detonation?  Don'tcha think somebody would have noticed this, considering somebody tried to blow up the building almost ten years before and they were on the look out for these kind of things?  

Yeah, our government is bad.  No, they are not responsible for demolishing the towers.  That's just crazy talk.  

Just because somethings are not easily comprehended by laymen or don't appear to be exactly what they seem doesn't mean they are a conspiracy.  Th only conspiracy was a conspiracy of incompetence or the conspiracy to enrich their friends like Ken Lay with policies that benefit a very few.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Randy Hansen

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 11:42:27 PM »

I'm not disagreeing with you, JJ.  Maybe it's hard to get from the transcripts, and it 's better to watch the actual shows.  As they go through and reconstruct the scene, it turns out that the falme retardent foam sprayed over the steel was basically blown off by the preassure wave when the palne went into the build.  the steel then heats up from the burnign fuel, becomes structually unsound, and then the floors start to collapse under the weight.

djui5

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 12:49:01 AM »

I think he was talking to me Smile

JJ, I have a lot of beliefs about it, and not everyone will agree with me. That's ok.

I never thought they blew up the building, that's insane, but do believe the building engineers had an "emergency" procedure should the building be attacked again. It would be a lot better to set off a couple of explosives and bring down some floors to ensure the building collapsed on top of itself, than to have it tip over and fall on God knows how many other buildings. This wouldn't require near what a real demolition would require, and would be put in place by building engineers after the last attack on the towers. There were reports on the ground of people hearing explosions right before it collapsed. This isn't a "conspiracy theory", but good practical engineering that came in very usefull in a time of crisis. They saved lives that way, as the buildings were coming down regardless.

As for the "attack" itself, I'll not get into that on the internet.
I still to this day have never heard why building 7 collapsed. It was far enough away from the towers, and no plane hit it. I remember when it happened thinking "WTF was that about?". No-one seems to talk about it.
yngve hoeyland 07'

Randy Wright
Mix Engineer
Mesa, Arizona
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.