R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audiofile Engineering - Mac mastering solution in the works  (Read 3586 times)

bradsarno

• Real Full Name: Brad Sarno
Audiofile Engineering - Mac mastering solution in the works
« on: August 17, 2011, 01:31:36 PM »

After failed attempts at trying to enjoy their Wave Editor to create redbook masters and DDP, I wrote Audiofile Engineering and got this reply. Very encouraging as they already seem to have most of the pieces of the puzzle well developed.

Here's the small reply and then below is their larger response posted on their website:

How can I use Wave Editor for mastering?

We have plans to develop a dedicated mastering application.

Brad

2.2. How can I use Wave Editor for mastering?
You might be surprised how often we get asked this question.
Wave Editor was never originally intended to replace traditional, dedicated mastering solutions. At the start, it was meant to be an elegant audio editing toolset, and a unique environment for sound design and manipulation.
However, we have continued to grow the application in response to our own needs, plus the needs and suggestions of our customers. As more and more individuals have jumped on board, we've been flooded with many different requests for a "mastering workflow" in Wave Editor.
We've arrived at some very compelling solutions to the problem of mastering, and looking forward, we are very excited to integrate them into future releases of Wave Editor. For the moment though, Wave Editor remains a tool that is a perfect fit for some steps of the mastering process, but it doesn't yet offer a seamless, end-to-end workflow.
If you have a particular mastering workflow that you would like to see, or you have a specific need for your mastering "dream product", we would love to hear about it: [email protected]. As always, the input and opinions of our customers are what drive us towards creating the best audio tools possible, and we welcome any suggestions you may have.
Providing an integrated mastering workflow is something we're looking forward to offering, and we're confident it will be worth the wait. We know that there's a need out there, and a huge desire for something great.
We just want to be sure that when we do it, we do it right.
Thanks,
Your friends at Audiofile Engineering

Roger Morris

• Real Full Name: R. Morris
Re: Audiofile Engineering - Mac mastering solution in the works
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »

Audiophile Engineering were sending out the same basic email a couple of years ago.
Mathew also posted essentially the comment thing a few times as well.
Basically, "sometime down the road" they'll deal with updating Wave Editor to include a workflow focused on mastering.

As much as the entire Mac mastering market was Audiophile Engineering's for the taking with some minor modifications and some concentrated effort, the simple truth is that Wave Editor has seen little development in the last few years, and really nothing specific to make it more "mastering friendly".

With the release of Wavelab, and the apparent stagnation of Wave Editor, the Mac mastering market has passed Wave Editor by.

I've owned Wave Editor for years, still use it for a few things, and can still see (as I did years ago) the potential contained within........but I've now invested money, time, and effort into Wavelab, and have no plans to follow up any further with Audiophile Engineering.

It would seem, upon looking, that the Audiophile Engineering folks have concentrated their efforts over the last couple of years on iPad and iPhone apps........and essentially left Wave Editor as a quite basic, but unique layer-based audio editing application.

Mastertone

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »

For mastering on Mac, i would use something with not as elegant work-flow and wait it out...
Samplitude / Sequoia is out next year on Mac.
Jonas Ekstrom
Mastertone Mastering
www.mastertone.se

Dave-G

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »

For mastering on Mac, i would use something with not as elegant work-flow and wait it out...
Samplitude / Sequoia is out next year on Mac.

Mac Sequoia couldn't come a moment too soon.

I know some of you dislike PT for various reasons, but my life would be greatly eased and simplified if they'd add some basic PQ/text/ISRC editing to the ruler/markers system, and DDP export/burn options.

*sigh*

Dave Greenberg
Sonopod Mastering
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.