R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RNP or The Brick?  (Read 4495 times)

Dude

RNP or The Brick?
« on: September 27, 2006, 03:40:42 PM »

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide on getting the RNP or The Brick. Anyone have both and want to elaborate on the differences?

I might get both and return one, but also wanted to hear the experience of others.

Thanks,

Dude

Kurt Foster

Re: RNP or The Brick?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »

Dude wrote on Wed, 27 September 2006 12:40

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide on getting the RNP or The Brick. Anyone have both and want to elaborate on the differences?

I really, really really like the Brick ... imo, for the money it's the best bang for the buck pre available. Lots of dimensional depth, tone to die for, good s/n and gain, not a lot of features you don't really need, just your basic real mic pre ... Very easy to sevice too ....

...no comment on the RNP Rolling Eyes

Dude wrote on Wed, 27 September 2006 12:40

I might get both and return one, but also wanted to hear the experience of others.

Thanks,

Dude

I think that is great idea ... a lot of people like the RNP and you may just wind up being one of them ... but I can promise you that you will like the Brick.

Good luck with your endeavors ...

Kurt

credits include: Brownie McGhee, cult following guitarist, Kenny “Blue" Ray, Jackie Payne (Johnny Otis Band), "Broadway" John Tucker, Nik Turner Space Ritual (with other members of Hawkwind) Jeff Larson, Paul "Polo" Jones (of Michael Jackson, Peter Gabriel, Whitney Houston) and individual members of The Doobie Brothers, Tower of Power, Huey Lewis and The News and The Tubes

compasspnt

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 08:38:23 PM »

Duplicate what Kurt said.

Madguitrst

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 08:39:59 PM »

Definitely the Brick.

I bought one for a good price with the intention to flip it.
I tried it and decided to sell another preamp instead.....I like the Brick a lot.
The Madguitrst has left the building.....but not before commiting acts designed to offend the senses.

George_

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 08:09:10 AM »

RNP for me..

mercenary edition rocks.. I am not impressed by the brick.

cheers
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

hargerst

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 12:43:54 PM »

The Brick has that nice asymetrical waveform thing going on that puts out some 2nd harmonic fatness; the RNP has that super extended top end and a little fatness to it.  Both are one trick ponies, but both are very nice on some sources.  

The Brick is generally great for vocals that need to sound fat and big. The fatness you hear is 2nd harmonic distortion, but it's a really nice distortion.

The RNP is great for instrument mics, where you want that extra sheen.  The RNP also has a D.I. unlike anything else you already have - really tight and punchy.

I can't imagine not having both preamps, or having to choose between them.

Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.