R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Complete / Overdue Apology to Littman  (Read 2241 times)

mark4man

CD Complete / Overdue Apology to Littman
« on: September 15, 2006, 09:23:58 PM »

Hear Ye, Hear Ye...all mastering peoples...

Ed (Ed Littman Mastering) is finishing up my CD tonite...(track #9...the other 8 are complete!)  It took me much longer than expected to get the mix right; & Ed was very patient & worked with me on several revisions...back & forth over the ftp server w/ stems & tracks after I would hear necessary changes to my own stuff or have last minute ideas...areas I really should have had worked out before I even knocked on the damn studio door...

...& he worked w/ me in a skilled & diligent manner, even offering constructive ideas & technical details from time to time on how best to proceed (which a mastering engineer shouldn't have to do)...& now everything sounds really tits!; & it was all worth it.

So...I've paid him in full for all his good work, which was absolutely top flite; & I just wanted to take this opportunity to pop back in the forum & issue a public apology to Ed for my monetary nonsense & the scrap it caused.  No excuses here, but I was really edge city material 'round about that time...too emotionally caught up in trying to finish the music; & Ed wound up bearing the brunt of what wasn't really his fault.

I also wanted to say to Brad & the membership in general that, I'm sorry I caused a ruckus here in the forum.

I've also learned some valuable lessons out of this...some of which are tracking, mixing & mastering preparation related...but most of which center around attitude, acceptance & good ol’ fashioned spiritual growth.

(& actually...I told Ed just yesterday that, one of the main things I learned was...never to fuck with anybody from New York City, especially of the jazz guitarist variety.)

Anyway…signing off for now…& sorry again for past antics,

Mark Forman

lowland

Re: CD Complete / Overdue Apology to Littman
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 07:56:42 AM »

That's more like it.

Well done Mark, and well done Ed for different reasons.
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
Essex, UK
www.lowlandmasters.com

Ed Littman

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 09:13:28 AM »

Apparently there's more to mastering then getting a good sound.

it's called psycho therapy. Laughing

Best of luck with your CD Mark!

Ed

Revolution

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 08:49:07 AM »

Well life is just one big lesson ain't it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.