R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do Non Oversampling Filterless DAC sound so good  (Read 31368 times)

crm0922

Re: Why do Non Oversampling Filterless DAC sound so good
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 10:35:30 AM »

zetterstroem wrote on Sat, 23 September 2006 14:15

(although i noone here really cares and are totallly focused on theory....)

i own an audionote dac that has only 18dB/oct analog lowpass filters..... and it sounds far better than EVERYTHING i've heard..... (i haven't heard dan's stuff yet  Crying or Very Sad ) the top end is sooooo smooth and i don't hear anything resembling aliasing...... the sound is more transparent and open than eg. benchmark etc.

so to say that the entire diy community is wrong is very narrowminded......

i think the simplest explanation for the second to none sound is less crap in the signal path.... plain and simple.....

anyway,....

Please check your system for proper frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz.  It should measure +/- 0.5db at all frequencies to be in the realm of a faithful reproduction of the source signal.

Chris

danlavry

Re: Why do Non Oversampling Filterless DAC sound so good
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 04:33:32 PM »

zetterstroem wrote on Sat, 23 September 2006 19:15

(although i noone here really cares and are totallly focused on theory....)

i own an audionote dac that has only 18dB/oct analog lowpass filters..... and it sounds far better than EVERYTHING i've heard..... (i haven't heard dan's stuff yet  Crying or Very Sad ) the top end is sooooo smooth and i don't hear anything resembling aliasing...... the sound is more transparent and open than eg. benchmark etc.

so to say that the entire diy community is wrong is very narrowminded......

i think the simplest explanation for the second to none sound is less crap in the signal path.... plain and simple.....

anyway,....

Please read the rules of the forum. We do NOT talk here about individuals opinions of what sounds good. There are many places where people can argue what sounds good to them. This forum may be about issues you do not care about, but others do.

I do not know what "diy community" stands for. Is it "Do it yourself"?

Dan Lavry
http://www.lavryengineering.com  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.