R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TC voiceprismplus, powersupply?  (Read 4189 times)

Ted Olausson

TC voiceprismplus, powersupply?
« on: September 09, 2006, 08:16:56 PM »

I have a TC voiceprism with a broken powesupply.
It is a switched unit so it isnt my kind of knowledge but i have tried to change most of the components on it and it still refuses to work.
So i was thinking about replacing it with a normal powesupply...
But what are the voltage and powerrequiements of that unit, also how should it be connected?

Jon Hodgson

Re: TC voiceprismplus, powersupply?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 04:34:15 AM »

Ted Olausson wrote on Sun, 10 September 2006 01:16

I have a TC voiceprism with a broken powesupply.
It is a switched unit so it isnt my kind of knowledge but i have tried to change most of the components on it and it still refuses to work.
So i was thinking about replacing it with a normal powesupply...
But what are the voltage and powerrequiements of that unit, also how should it be connected?

Is the power supply on a seperate board? If so then have you contacte TC or their local service agent? you may find that they can supply a replacement for less cost and hassle than trying to get something else to work.

Ted Olausson

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 06:55:00 AM »

I tried that, but the agent here in sweden is very bad (Luthman). They were rude to me and refused to do anything.

crm0922

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 04:46:32 PM »

Ted Olausson wrote on Sun, 10 September 2006 06:55

I tried that, but the agent here in sweden is very bad (Luthman). They were rude to me and refused to do anything.

Why not call the US and ask them?  They'll probably ship it.  You obviously can speak the language and stuff.  Heck, if they won't I'll relay to you in the land of the Swedes.

Here's the # for the Washington, DC repair center:

1-818-665-4900

Chris

Tomas Danko

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 02:25:10 AM »

crm0922 wrote on Sun, 10 September 2006 21:46

Ted Olausson wrote on Sun, 10 September 2006 06:55

Why not call the US and ask them?  They'll probably ship it.  You obviously can speak the language and stuff.  Heck, if they won't I'll relay to you in the land of the Swedes.

Here's the # for the Washington, DC repair center:

1-818-665-4900

Chris

The issue here is that Luthman only recently got the distribution for TC Electronic in Sweden. Hence, it's not something that has been fully incorporated into their system (ie gear in stock, repairs etc). Also, their service department started a tedious set of rules a year ago where they basically only respond if the request comes from a retailer. And even then they require the retailer to first e-mail a particular form with the details, then await a repair number before they can even ship anything to Luthman for repairing.

Also, everything depends on who you talk to at Luthman, no matter what the issue is. I'm not saying this is right, because it isn't. I'm just sharing some of my experiences after having been one of their biggest customers for many years up until recently.

Until Luthman got TC Electronic it was a pain in the ass to get the stuff because all the retailers had to buy straight from Denmark, so if nothing else this is a small step towards improvement.

Sincerely,

Tomas Danko
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Ted Olausson

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 05:37:07 AM »

Thanks crm0922!

I will call them and see what they can do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.