R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mail order songwriting? Whats it called!?!?! HELP  (Read 763 times)

enigma3

Mail order songwriting? Whats it called!?!?! HELP
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:58:50 AM »

Perhaps someone knows what the technical term is for this kind of fad.  I remember when I was taking music history in college our professor showed us this documentary or something he taped off t.v., It was about this fad going on in the mid 70's to late 80's where you could send in lyrics to these studios.  And for a small fee they would make up a song with your lyrics (Full band and singer) Record it.  Press it to 45 or acetate and send it back to you.  I remember in the documentary that some old crazy dude would write ridiculous lyrics cause he was some kind of a nut. So he would mail it into this company, which I think was some guys garage.. And they showed this guy taking the lyrics that the old dude sent, and write a melody and put the instrumentation to it, and then he would sing it, press it and send the old dude the 45.  I remember they interviewed a whole bunch of people in it.  It was quite hillarious.  I've been looking for this documentary for a while.  I couldnt get a hold of the teacher that showed it to us.... So I decided I should post the question on here.  If anyone can help, It would be great if someone knew the name of the documentary, or what that kind of fad was called so at least i can look in the right direction.  Right now im searching under the terms of mailorder songwriting, But it hasnt turned up to much.  Any info would be much appreciated.

Tidewater

Re: Mail order songwriting? Whats it called!?!?! HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 12:50:45 PM »

Fad?  Surprised

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

enigma3

Re: Mail order songwriting? Whats it called!?!?! HELP
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 01:10:06 PM »

fad  /f
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.