R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mojave Audio  (Read 7127 times)

wwittman

Re: Mojave Audio
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 10:58:14 PM »

intervalkid wrote on Wed, 30 August 2006 01:11

I don't get the Avalon refence above.  Do you not like the 737SP? .

not if you are going to run audio through it
William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

compasspnt

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 02:28:11 AM »

I have found those excellent for holding the door open.

PookyNMR

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 11:13:14 PM »

The Avalon 737 seems to be finding more of a place in live audio...  I've worked with a number of experienced FOH engineers that like them.  There are times when sterile can be useful.
Nathan Rousu

intervalkid

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 01:58:26 AM »

I just sent off a couple of tracks to a mastering service that uses an Avalon 747 to see how they turned out, and see if I want to rerecord them.  Their website is Inpulsemastering.com
if you want to check them out.  They have some API pre's as well but I'm pretty sure he uses the 747 primarily.  I did notice a somewhat edgy film over the overall sound, but it's still pretty good.  I'm going with a UA LA610 for my first high end strip.  I love the thick, sultry, slippery sound that they produce.  I was planning at some point on getting a 737 but I dunno.  I could probably get a good pre and seperate comp for the same price that might yield better results.  I dunno.  I surely plan on getting a good Manley Vox Box one day though!  I used some sort of Manley with a U87 back in '97 and was super impressed with the sound of my voice through it.  Never have quite achieved those results since.  I will in time though and more. More. More!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

intervalkid

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 05:38:52 PM »

Well, I got my tracks back from Inpulse Mastering and they sound great!  I do need to remix them a little though before I commit them to album.  On the mastering side though they sound excellent.  Whatever Gabre used it added alot of warmth to the sound and doesn't sound at all sterile or edgy.  Very smooth and warm.  I don't know if he put them through the Avalon 747 or not but I would imagine so, as I believe it is his main mastering comp and EQ, though he does have an UA LA-2A.
I dunno but it sure don't sound sterile.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.492 seconds with 22 queries.