R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lavry black price in the uk  (Read 1792 times)

aivoryuk

lavry black price in the uk
« on: September 03, 2006, 10:40:29 AM »

Hi does anyone know roughly how much prices for one of these units are in the UK?? I've requested a quote from KMR audio but im feeling a bit impatient today  Smile

I having to decide between this and the benchmark dac-1 and need to weigh up all the options. I've searched all the forum for peoples opinions regarding these unit and a lot of it is subjective. I've heard the benchmark and really like it and a few of its features like rca outputs which may come in handy some day.

any feedback about build quality, problems with the units, or anything to look out for??

i have searched for this on here but most is about sound quality which although is important but i need to hear that for myself

Luke Fellingham

Re: lavry black price in the uk
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 04:02:42 PM »

I got my Lavry Black from Mercenary Audio. It worked out under

aivoryuk

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »

thanks for the reply luke I've actually had a reply from KMR audio who state that Lavry have cut all their links to retailer in the UK, which kind of worries me if i was to import one and then something was to go wrong it could be a hassle.

means that i prob haven't got much chance of getting a demo unit

jdg

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 02:00:42 PM »

there are at least two for sale over at gearslutz.

still probably cheeper to buy used from the US, and pay import duties
john mcCaig
-Mothery Earworks Clarifold Audipure

Sahib

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 05:34:07 PM »

Don't be discouraged by the import duties. It is only 3% on audio equipment. Of course there is the VAT of 17.5% but if you are registered for VAT it does not have any effect. However, these are based on importing which means you buy it from a shop. You will find that quite often e-bay purchases are not taxed. It is a bit of luck of the draw but which ever way you look at it, it is damn much cheaper than buying from UK. We bought every single piece of equipment from US and after everything still it was considerably cheaper. Even when the exchange rate was only 1.5, now with around 1.7 you can not go wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 19 queries.