R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auralex MAX-Wall-style room-within-a-room thoughts  (Read 2400 times)

Consul

Auralex MAX-Wall-style room-within-a-room thoughts
« on: February 10, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »

I've often wondered if something like this:

http://www.auralex.com/category_max-wall/category_max-wall.a sp

... could be done with rigid fiberglass, fabric, and some clever construction. It would certainly save me some trouble. Any thoughts?

PS - I know it's a long shot, but I figure there's no such thing as a stupid question anymore.
Darren Landrum

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." - Dave Barry

Ethan Winer

Re: Auralex MAX-Wall-style room-within-a-room thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 03:38:58 PM »

Darren,

Not stupid at all, but not a great way to treat a room either. All room acoustic problems are caused by reflections from the walls, floor, and ceiling. So it makes sense to put the absorption at or near those surfaces rather than out in the room. "Surrounding" products can be useful, and my company offers a few too. But that's more appropriate when you can't treat the room properly. For example, if you need to set up a recording or mixing area in a small part of a much larger room.

--Ethan

Consul

Re: Auralex MAX-Wall-style room-within-a-room thoughts
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 07:41:08 PM »

So, something like the MAX-Wall system should be done only when temporary is the only option, which is pretty much what Auralex explains on their site. Wink

Like I said, I don't believe in stupid questions. Very Happy I have another stupid question, which I'll post in another thread if I don't find an answer elsewhere first.
Darren Landrum

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." - Dave Barry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.