R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wunder Audio  (Read 17998 times)

Bubblepuppy

Re: Wunder Audio
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 11:12:33 PM »

Actually I did speak to them about that, I could get a 24 input version @ 50K.
That would be an economy of scale price as they told me there was a order from a film company that wanted 15 to 20 units with out the pres.
I am really thinking about that, Mike even said he could add another eq point on the desk eq module.

Hhmmmm!
"Trust Your Ears Not The Gear"

Tomas Danko

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 09:04:40 AM »

Bill Urick wrote on Thu, 21 September 2006 00:20

wwittman wrote on Sat, 02 September 2006 19:01

The "final solution" to the microphone "problem"?

Really Mr. Wittman, between jokes like this and the fact that you ARE the Martini Nazi, aren't you afraid you're giving people the wrong impression? Not very PC I'm afraid.

Pleease take note that he did not state "Ze "final solution" to ze microphonen "problemen"?".
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

jyurek

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006, 10:40:53 AM »

On the original question...

For what its worth (ie from one random chooch on the internet) I actually wasn't that impressed on the one occasion that I had to use a Wunder mic pre/eq. It didn't sound that awesome and seemed to have some technical issues (noise, noisy switches, etc- and they had only taken it out of the box about a week before...).

In all likelyhood, given Wunder's apparent good reputation, it may have been a fluke unit. My .02

Bubblepuppy

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »

Looks like Rupert has heard my crys for help!
The new 5088 looks to end my search...

And its a bloody NEVE!!!!
Yeah BABY!!!!

"Trust Your Ears Not The Gear"

Ryan Leigh Patterson

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 06:19:04 PM »

Maybe it's already been done, but I'm waiting for a desk that will actually be able to use PT's automation to control it's own analog guts...

It shouldn't be too hard, just write a simple plug to use on each track that only has the boards automation functions on it.... voila.

That way one could take their entire PT mix, and dump it directly to this desk, and simply copy the fade and pan automations over into the analog world...

Of course this leaves eq and dynamics....
Ryan Patterson
Toronto, Ontario
www.myspace.com/ryanlpatterson

Roundbadge

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 06:29:16 AM »

Ryan Leigh Patterson wrote on Tue, 24 October 2006 15:19

Maybe it's already been done, but I'm waiting for a desk that will actually be able to use PT's automation to control it's own analog guts...

It shouldn't be too hard, just write a simple plug to use on each track that only has the boards automation functions on it.... voila.

That way one could take their entire PT mix, and dump it directly to this desk, and simply copy the fade and pan automations over into the analog world...

Of course this leaves eq and dynamics....

Yes, and it will cost a bloody fortune to build Confused
Hunter F. C.

ssltech

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 05:13:27 PM »

Doesn't the SSL duality do something like that...?

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

littlehat

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 03:42:30 AM »

Push the RED button!

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 03:59:32 AM »

littlehat wrote on Sat, 04 November 2006 09:42

http://euphonix.com/post/products/system_5-mc/system_5-mc.ht m

But no analog guts.

I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com

Brent Handy

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 04:45:02 PM »

Andy Peters wrote on Sat, 02 September 2006 08:48

Bubblepuppy wrote on Sat, 26 August 2006 11:29

And just for fun why is it mics can't be designed to send line level to the console

You'd need a gain control on the microphone, else the "line level" would vary with the source.  A kick drum's a lot louder than a flute so you need to compensate.

Quote:

would it not eliminate some of the noise and interference issues with the very weak "mic signal".

Sure, but then you'd get complaints about how the preamp built into the mic sucks.

Quote:

Would phantom power be sufficient to drive such a design.

Depends on the design.

-a

Actually, in the old days, that is the way many (Neumanns, etc) were made.  Super hot outputs that fed a line level mixer.  You can bypass the preamp with several mics made today, as they have their own power supply, etc, etc.  

Teddy G.

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2006, 12:15:27 PM »

It's only been a literal few years that "other than console" pre's have been any real option - at least some of the mentioned people didn't use them 'cause they didn't have them to use. Now that we have the option... who wants to go back to a "base device"(A console, for instance.) that "does what it does and that's all it does" - no matter how "well" it does it?

Many of us, as of this moment, haven't used ANY "console" for many years - if ever...... no need.

I know! How about an excellent console with "completely uncolored" pre's, for when that is good, + inputs for your "special" pre's?

No! Wait! Flash of inspiration! How about a thing that is "just a BASE, a controller", ya'know? No NOTHING actually IN IT! Just a gadget that you add whatever you want of whatever you want??? Oh - Wait! I forgot! That's what we have NOW, right? Computer/plugins/hardware boxes/old tape machines/any pre/amp/speaker, whatever, along with "pseudo consoles" -controllers - whatever we want, whenever we want it, paying only as much as we need to get only what we need. And now we DON'T LIKE IT, right?

Manufacturers ALWAYS want something new, domething different(At least something the "current crop" of folk don't remember....?), something "fun", to keep sales up. Right? And, there are always customers itching to go along...

Correct me where I'm wrong, I'm just trying to keep up with the program here......

TG

Blas

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2006, 01:18:28 PM »

TG, You make a lot of great points there.  I find I have different desires at different moments in the studio.  The one thing I realize for sure, without doubt, I WILL never be finished in making purchases to complete this studio. NEVER!  I have a DAW, have digital recorders, have a digital console, have a control surface, have outboard pre's, have converters, on & on & on. Yet I'm currently desiring to go back to getting an analogue console!
Boy could a good audio Shrink have a field-day with me!
Conjecture and theory are all well and good...but the proof comes out of the speakers - Fletcher
He who has said the pen is mightier than the sword, has never been in a pen & sword fight!- me

Teddy G.

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2006, 03:26:29 PM »

Given the bucks, I'd love to have an old console, the old tape machines, the old outboard gear, the old mics, etc., etc., etc.  ALONG WITH the "old tech" to keep them working(Quite a job)! But, only, I suppose, because I'm old... For real? Too much work! As it is, a friend has a "basement full"(So he says?) of analog tape machines from Ampex, etc. I've never even visited to look at them...

I was looking at the "New Gates(Not really Gates) Sta-Level", in the Mix Magazine/Vintage King, insert the other day(Cool stuff, great job on the insert!). "Gee, I remember when we used it and UREI's, etc., because that's all there was!" Ick! We were sooo glad(At least in the radio biz?) when Mr. Orban came along with his cool, new devices!  Fun to think about though. At the time I had no idea what these things even did, or if they were ever working "right", let alone that any of them might be worth duplicating someday? I wonder... even now... about all of those things?

TG

compasspnt

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2006, 01:30:29 AM »

Teddy G. wrote on Mon, 06 November 2006 12:15

...who wants to go back to a...console...that "does what it does and that's all it does" - no matter how "well" it does it?

raal

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2006, 03:16:22 AM »

Ryan Leigh Patterson wrote on Tue, 24 October 2006 17:19

well, tonelux shadowmix faders do that. audio goes out of PT prefader, and the fader moves are read  by the analog faders. it's a start.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.