R/E/P > Brad Blackwood

Sontecs...

<< < (2/120) > >>

bblackwood:
Ged Leitch wrote on Sun, 29 January 2006 21:03
Ah, a sontec owner!(envy )

I have two, actually, and love them more than any other piece.

Quote:
Basically was interested in some specs etc, thought they'd be a pdf or something available on a site, but alas no...

See below for a pic of the original 'drop sheet'...

Quote:
I got to admit Brad, from the only photo i've seen they sure look like a piece of fine art!

Yah, they do look kewl (imo).

Quote:
Dont even mention the price...  

Hey, I bought my last one used for $7k and it's basically mint. But unless you have some spare opamps (good luck finding them), I can't recommend buying one.

But man they sound good!

bblackwood:
This is a crappy picture a buddy took shortly after I got the new Sontec, if it helps:

Ged Leitch:
AAAArgh...your killing me here

many thanks for the pics Brad,
think i'll hang em on my wall and dream about them!
cheers.

TotalSonic:
bblackwood wrote on Mon, 30 January 2006 03:23

Quote:
Dont even mention the price...  

Hey, I bought my last one used for $7k and it's basically mint. But unless you have some spare opamps (good luck finding them), I can't recommend buying one.

Yeah - a tech here in NYC I use told me that he has a shelf full of them - all currently non-functioning - and all in need of opamps.  

edit: Just talked to the tech and apparently these are compressors and not eq's that he has - and apparently they need a heckuva lot more fixed on them than just op amps.  He actually described the eq's as "easy to fix."

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Noah Mintz:
I replaced all my amp cards with the Steve Firlotte one's. They don't sound exactly the same but my Sontec still sounds like hot butter EQ. I still have a slight oscillation at 60hz at -80db in the 2nd Channel but it's of no consequence since I use it in M/S.

I'm in love with my Sontec. I feel very privileged to have one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version