R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indianapolis  (Read 4484 times)

colinl

Indianapolis
« on: June 30, 2011, 01:58:03 AM »

Hey all, my girlfriend just finished her Ph.D and got a nice job in Indy.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any cool studios in the area either to cut tracks in, or possibly get a job in/intern for.  I'm also looking for live sound companies, as I'll be leaving the sound company I've been working for the past 5 years.  Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!!

Fletcher

Re: Indianapolis
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »

I've read this post for the last week and tried to wrack my brain to think if I knew anyone in Indianapolis... and the answer always came back... "damn the Colts are good - Brady is better than Manning - but the Colts are really good"... basically absolutely nothing that would be of any use to you. 

A quick Google search rendered this result [ignore the ads at the top!!].

I have no idea if any of them are going to be "world class"... but it should be a starting point.

Best of luck with the move!!
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

KickstartStudios

• Real Full Name: Mike DeHays
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 12:05:46 AM »

Hi, I have personally recorded a 4 song EP at "The Pop Machine" on the east side.  It was a wonderful experience and I can tell you they are professionals there as well as darn nice guys.  I would love to intern there if I lived closer.  I am in South Bend, IN which is 3 hours drive to the north.  Check them out. I expect you will be delighted.  www.thepopmachine.com

Jeff Hedback

• Real Full Name: Jeff Hedback
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:25:40 AM »

Hello collinl,

Most of the commercial studios in Indy exist on publishing, Christian music or other niche uses.

Referring to Flecher's link, The Lodge is a very interesting pro room.  Augspurger designed it...nice API...super large tracking room.  It was an old Masonic Lodge. 

Feel free to contact me when you arrive.  I'd be glad to offer contact names and introductions.

colinl

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 01:06:14 AM »

Thanks again for all the help!

Jeff, I'll definitely do that when I get moved out there.  Sounds like an interesting market.

Back to packing up the house..

kylepsnyder

• Real Full Name: Kyle P. Snyder
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »

Hi colinl,

First, congrats to your girlfriend on her Ph.D! I live in Indy and Jeff is basically right that the scene does skew a bit towards the religious/commercial. However, there are some smaller studios on the North & East side that are doing some cool stuff. If you're looking for some help when you land feel free to drop me a line. I'm the Central Indiana AES Section Chair (http://centralindianaaes.wordpress.com), and we're quite active and willing to lend a hand where we can.

Best of luck!
Kyle P. Snyder

http://kpsnyder.com

Jim Williams

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »

She got her doctorate, so when are you going to pop "the question"?

colinl

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 02:16:39 PM »

Funny you should ask, I did a few weeks ago  ;D  We're halfway moved into the new place, I'm sticking around here in Illinois for a couple more weeks to finish out the busiest part of our concert season (I got roped into becoming the lighting guy last year and now boss can't find anyone to replace me), but I can't wait to move!

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 21 queries.