R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TL Audio Crimson 4 Channel Mic Pre PA-3001  (Read 6224 times)

iCombs

Re: TL Audio Crimson 4 Channel Mic Pre PA-3001
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 01:26:33 PM »

I've got a Sytek...I've used it on drums and it works okay...it's really clean and doesn't do a whole lot to help fatten up close mics.  It does, however, sound pretty good on OH's...the Crashes maintain their detail and sparkle without a whole lot of EQ, and it tends to push the rest of the kit back...with a little highpass or low shelf cut, the OH's become mostly cymbals, which is cool if that's the sound you are looking for.  If you are looking for a preamp that will be used for OH's that will be the main part of your drum sound, I wouldn't reccommend the Sytek.  I'd probably look for something along the lines of the Sebatron...something slower and more colored that will keep the cymbals from overwhelming the rest of the drumkit.

My .02.  Good luck and happy hunting!
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------
"Mista apareeatah... can I have maar beass at all frequencies?"

ssltech

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 02:49:43 PM »

I've never heard any TL audio piece that I've liked. -Ever.

In the interests of full disclosure, Kurt omitted to mention that he has for some time had a business-related 'connection' with Sebatron, so he's not necessarily entirely impartial...

Il faut bien ecouter le Sebatron... Lorsque c'est bien, c'est tout qu'il faut!

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

bigbone

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 03:54:43 PM »

ssltech wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 19:49

In the interests of full disclosure, Kurt omitted to mention that he has for some time had a business-related 'connection' with Sebatron, so he's not necessarily entirely impartial...

Il faut bien ecouter le Sebatron... Lorsque c'est bien, c'est tout qu'il faut!

Keith

Merci du conseil......mais je ne vais pas acheter des preamp sans les essayer
mes oreille seront les meilleur conseillere...mais merci pour les info..Smile

MI

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 05:19:19 PM »

Jean,

I origianlly looked at that same Sytek when I bought the Focusrite for it's clean sound.

The Sytek would be great (IMHO) with Shenn 421's on toms or other dynamic microphone, but_might_be too clean/bright with condensors, especially TLM type mics.

The Sytek is very reasonably priced though- abt 900$ US comming in under you budget freeing up some cash.

Mario

Kurt Foster

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

ssltech wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 11:49

Keith

Sorry Keith but you have your facts wrong and I have to ask why you would say such an outrageous thing.

I am not now or have I ever been "connected" in any way to Sebatron.

If you can I would encourage you to substantiate your remarks or retract them.  

credits include: Brownie McGhee, cult following guitarist, Kenny “Blue" Ray, Jackie Payne (Johnny Otis Band), "Broadway" John Tucker, Nik Turner Space Ritual (with other members of Hawkwind) Jeff Larson, Paul "Polo" Jones (of Michael Jackson, Peter Gabriel, Whitney Houston) and individual members of The Doobie Brothers, Tower of Power, Huey Lewis and The News and The Tubes

bigbone

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 05:39:06 PM »

Thank you Mario for the info,
and i think i will go with the sytek
and plus there is always a few one  on e-bay for a realy good price..
could be nice......

bigbone

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 05:46:02 PM »

Kurt Foster wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 22:36

ssltech wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 11:49

Keith

Sorry Keith but you have your head way up your arse on this one..

I am not any more "connected" to Sebatron than Harvey Gerst is to FMR or Steve Albini is to Sytek and I don't hear anyone complaining about them endorsing their products.

It seems to me that there is some kind of a concerted effort to discredit the Sebatron line as this kind of nonsense keeps occurring ... It just so happens that I really do like the Sebatron vmp pres ... they kick major ass.

I do have a couple of Sebaton pre amps and I have written reviews for them. I also reviewed a lot of other stuff, some that I did not choose to write about because I didn't like it like "The Secrets Of The Pros" DVD by Ken Walden, for which there was some major fallout because I didn't write for them. Then there's stuff I did write about that I didn't care for either like the Presonus M80, for which there was even more fallout. It seems I can't win either way.

Am I "connected to JLM as well, or how about Groove Tubes? I like their stuff and I recommend it all the time.

With that now disclosed and in the interest of your own credibility, please retract (or delete) that post.

credits include: Brownie McGhee, cult following guitarist, Kenny ?Blue" Ray, Jackie Payne (Johnny Otis Band), "Broadway" John Tucker, Nik Turner Space Ritual (with other members of Hawkwind) Jeff Larson, Paul "Polo" Jones (of Michael Jackson, Peter Gabriel, Whitney Houston) and individual members of The Doobie Brothers, Tower of Power, Huey Lewis and The News and The Tubes

Please i don't wanna start a war......i just ask for a few pre amp question.....Smile

by the way the sebatron pres are pretty cool....if in fact Kurt you know them.
can you give me a really sweet deal.........Smile
hey in these day, PLEASE, we have to take those thing with humour
there is more heavy stuff around us that preamp.....
Just my humble opinion......

PEACE TO ALL...Smile

Kurt Foster

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 05:55:05 PM »

I don't want a war either ... if you notice I went back and tempered my post while you were posting .... however I won't just sit and take it while people spread malicious lies about myself and others.

Sorry for the initial outburst ... the revision of my post is more along the lines of what I wish to communicate ..

It wouldn't bother me in the least if a moderator were to delet the posts from Kieths to this point. In fact I am going to report this to them myself ...

As far as a "sweet deal" on Sebatron, If you compare their prices and features to other tube mic pres you will see that they are indeed a "sweet deal" at the listed price. If I could help you gain a discount, of course I would be happy to help but alas as I previously stated, I am not "connected" to Sebatron (or any other company for that matter) in any way.

credits include: Brownie McGhee, cult following guitarist, Kenny “Blue" Ray, Jackie Payne (Johnny Otis Band), "Broadway" John Tucker, Nik Turner Space Ritual (with other members of Hawkwind) Jeff Larson, Paul "Polo" Jones (of Michael Jackson, Peter Gabriel, Whitney Houston) and individual members of The Doobie Brothers, Tower of Power, Huey Lewis and The News and The Tubes

Frob

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 06:46:13 PM »

i dont know any thing about any ones business dealing but i do know this; you will have to pry my sebatron out of my cold dead fingers. that is all i have to say about that.

bigbone

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 10:19:21 PM »

Kurt Foster wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 22:55

I don't want a war either ... if you notice I went back and tempered my post while you were posting .... however I won't just sit and take it while people spread malicious lies about myself and others.

Sorry for the initial outburst ... the revision of my post is more along the lines of what I wish to communicate ..

It wouldn't bother me in the least if a moderator were to delet the posts from Kieths to this point. In fact I am going to report this to them myself ...

As far as a "sweet deal" on Sebatron, If you compare their prices and features to other tube mic pres you will see that they are indeed a "sweet deal" at the listed price. If I could help you gain a discount, of course I would be happy to help but alas as I previously stated, I am not "connected" to Sebatron (or any other company for that matter) in any way.

credits include: Brownie McGhee, cult following guitarist, Kenny ?Blue" Ray, Jackie Payne (Johnny Otis Band), "Broadway" John Tucker, Nik Turner Space Ritual (with other members of Hawkwind) Jeff Larson, Paul "Polo" Jones (of Michael Jackson, Peter Gabriel, Whitney Houston) and individual members of The Doobie Brothers, Tower of Power, Huey Lewis and The News and The Tubes

Thank you for your input kurt, and i will think about the sebatron......

All the best guys.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 16 queries.