R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: About Cables  (Read 14102 times)

chrissugar

Re: About Cables
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 05:42:27 AM »

Thank you Brad, it is nice to see this thread back. Smile
Now if we could have back the 96k versus 192K thread, it would be great.

chrissugar
Christian Mike Sugar
CMS-LAB

bblackwood

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 07:49:08 AM »

chrissugar wrote on Mon, 21 August 2006 04:42

Now if we could have back the 96k versus 192K thread, it would be great.

Sorry, I don't know anything about that thread.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

danickstr

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 10:22:35 PM »

Brad is working here, not answering to the angry masses.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

bblackwood

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 07:18:58 PM »

Now, let's get this back on topic!
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

crm0922

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 04:30:56 AM »

bblackwood wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 20:18

crm0922 wrote on Sat, 19 August 2006 08:12

I can't believe they actually deleted those threads.  I thought they were just locked and went away for that reason.

It was nice of the censors at PSW to decide that us readers are to stupid to draw our own conclusions about what is or is not appropriate industry discussion.

They did protect an advertiser though.  I'm not sure if they are a PSW advertiser, actually, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd like to read those threads again.  What a load of Bull Shit.

No problem, read them here and here. I had forgotten about this or would have put it back long ago.

Please note the fact that the company in question was not an advertiser at PSW. And fwiw, it would be nice if you guys actually knew what happened before casting aspersions.

Brad, I said I didn't know whether they were an advertiser or not. Still, they are a potential advertiser and have dealers that advertise here.  Dan said the threads were "gone".  I was not just making things up...the forum mod said they were gone, so I believed him.

Anyways, the more important thread was the clocking/Big Ben one.  I haven't looked for it but, now I do recall it being deleted to many some forum members' dismay.

Chris

danlavry

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 03:00:08 PM »

crm0922 wrote on Fri, 25 August 2006 09:30

bblackwood wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 20:18

crm0922 wrote on Sat, 19 August 2006 08:12

I can't believe they actually deleted those threads.  I thought they were just locked and went away for that reason.

It was nice of the censors at PSW to decide that us readers are to stupid to draw our own conclusions about what is or is not appropriate industry discussion.

They did protect an advertiser though.  I'm not sure if they are a PSW advertiser, actually, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd like to read those threads again.  What a load of Bull Shit.

No problem, read them here and here. I had forgotten about this or would have put it back long ago.

Please note the fact that the company in question was not an advertiser at PSW. And fwiw, it would be nice if you guys actually knew what happened before casting aspersions.

Brad, I said I didn't know whether they were an advertiser or not. Still, they are a potential advertiser and have dealers that advertise here.  Dan said the threads were "gone".  I was not just making things up...the forum mod said they were gone, so I believed him.

Anyways, the more important thread was the clocking/Big Ben one.  I haven't looked for it but, now I do recall it being deleted to many some forum members' dismay.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Brad Blackwood put the 2 threads back a few days ago.The following day Fletcher made the decision to move the thread  "Proper Word Clock Implementation" with no prior explanation and no discussion. I did not move it. Instead of "moved by moderator it should have said "moved by Fletcher, a PSW general site administrator"

Do you think the move is appropriate?

Regards
Dan Lavry

crm0922

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 10:42:19 AM »

danlavry wrote on Fri, 25 August 2006 15:00

Hi Chris,

Brad Blackwood put the 2 threads back a few days ago.The following day Fletcher made the decision to move the thread  "Proper Word Clock Implementation" with no prior explanation and no discussion. I did not move it. Instead of "moved by moderator it should have said "moved by Fletcher, a PSW general site administrator"

Do you think the move is appropriate?

Regards
Dan Lavry

No, I don't think it was appropriate.  I don't like the idea of a thread being moved or removed unless it has really become childish namecalling or something of that nature.  And then it should just be locked.

The word clock thread was a lively debate.  Some of the participants were Apogee employees stirring the pot, but I think it was still left to the reader to decide what was BS, what was manufacturer bickering, and what was useful information.

Now that the thread is gone, we aren't allowed to make that determination.

I also don't think that the thread itself promoted Lavry gear over Apogee specifically.  It questioned claims made that an external word clock implementation magically improves audio performance.  

Your (Dan) beliefs on this topic drive the design of your own equipment, but these beliefs are also obviously going to be implicit and explicit in your forum comments.  I do not find this inappropriate and should be expected when asking the founder of an audio gear company to moderate a forum carrying his name.

Chris
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.