R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Felines in the studio" - Part 4?  (Read 5288 times)

Teddy G.

"Felines in the studio" - Part 4?
« on: July 09, 2006, 05:36:11 PM »

The short story is that in this picture, there is one Maggie and 3 muffs(Kittens), all born in the studio under the equipment rack - like, yesterday(I wasn't home)? My wife heard "strange little noises" and there they were. So, if you hear any "strange little noises" on my tracks, well, now you'll know what they are......

Teddy G.

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

Re: "Felines in the studio" - Part 4?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 08:08:53 PM »

A pregnant cat ought be fairly obvious...  

Congratulations, anyways!   Smile
http://www.scotthelmke.com/team-downbeat-1.jpg

Teddy G.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »

You're right. Should've noticed - she is a skinny cat, normally.

However, not so much as an excuse, but... OK, an excuse and a totally improper place to rant about cats, but.....? At least allow me to digress, it's been an interesting month-or-so - I sure can't afford a shrink, at the moment..

Maggie is, ahh... distant? Ah, stand-offish..? Ahhhhh... Mean-as Hell? Yes, that would be it... Maggie is an inherited cat, from my recently deceased Father-In-Law - AND sweet as anythng, RIGHT NOW! Maggie was never "fixed". Maggie is, I don't know, 8 or 10 years old(?) and has never(Far as WE know?) had kittens...... However, Daddy-in-law let her roam around his tiny town anyway, for years and who knows how many little Maggie's there are up there..? So, now she's here, with our other cats and she STILL gets out(I see her at the back door and I open the front door and before I step through the door she's halfway down the driveway! I call her "The Silver Bullet".) and she STILL hasn't been fixed. Yes, I know, no excuse other than cash - the saddest excuse of all, as well as "other stuff", taking care of the estate(Sadly, a very minor "estate",), taking the other cats to the vet with "high" priorities -- Another kitten we have - one of two found by my wife at her workplace, got his little arm stepped-on and broken by our dog(No excuse for any of us there.) and he and his brother have cost us upwards of a grand, in the last month or so. We have one dog and, ahh, 11(Had to call my wife to get an accurate count) cats now(I like cats, but one or two would be fine.). Maggie got, if not ignored, at least not "weighed" too much lately(One does not "pickup and cuddle" with Maggie!)... Yes, we did notice she seemed "more plump", about a week ago(Reason we noticed is that she "started staying in..?" Hummm? - then, my wife said, over the weekend, when I wasn't here, that "all of a sudden she seemed skinny again"... She went looking and, as stated, "there they were", under the rack(And they are "very" small, worryingly small. At least she didn't have them outside somewhere...

So, We're hoping(Why? I don't know...) that they all live through the early-life process. The OTHER two brother kittens had a sister for about a week after we got them, but one morning the sister cat was found, by my wife, to be "almost gone", - she rushed her to the vet at, like, 6AM - someone was actually there, with a vet shortly after(Our vet place is very expensive but good as our own Doc's), who pronounced her "beyond hope" and..... well, you know what had to be done. We were sad. We are still sad. We will always be a little sad, I guess. Combine all of this with the best month(June) that I've had in my entire life, work-wise(Out ALOT!), busy "garden center" season for my wife -- and determining if Maggie was "with children" was...... not done. I know, no excuse.

Anyway, we now have:

Maggie, Saddie(Also not fixed - another inheritance cat(Beautiful, tiny calico with a "Cat Fancy" magazine-cover face.) - would have loved to inherit some money - but we've, so far, been able to keep her inside.), Sassafras(The only one we actually got, at the pound, for ourselves!). L.S.(Little Sweetie - actually Little Shit, as she used to "grab suddenly with all claws", when she was little, prompting an an "OUCH" response, followed by "...You Little Shit!", Poofey - a GREAT BIG CAT!!! with the look of a "Maine Coon", but not THAT big - though Poof, is the most friendly cat. Buster. A story in himself. A beautiful, big black and white cat - gorgeous! Not mean but hates to cuddle. Buster, we found late one night on a dog walk(We have our second Samoyed, this one from the pound, now about 10 years old.), literally on the "double yellow lines" in the middle of our busiest neighborhood street! He was a couple of weeks old, we had to clean him up(He was a mess) and feed him with an "eyedropper" for at least another week. And now there is Elliott and Poindexter, found in a mulch pile - the kind the "tractor-loader" runs over all day long -(Wife works at a garden center), both doing well and being crazy. And NOW the 3 new ones! Whether all or any will survive...??? We'll see. All of OUR cats are fixed(Even Elliott and Poiney, are "on the schedule" at the vets - be awhile.). I'll be looking for a "grant" to help support the others(Finding their Father's to pay??? I doubt it...). And, if history means anything, it may be difficult to impossible to put out that "free kittens" sign..?

There you go, the story, up-to-date of "why didn't we know Maggie was pregnant" - and why it didn't matter much anyway... And, how we hope to prevent such occurances in the future......(Something about a "barn door"???)

Time to fire-up the tube pre(Only thing I turn off), so I'll be reaching under the rack - just above the cats, trying not to disturb anyone - and hope for some work today - and some checks from that BIG month!

TG      

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 08:23:51 PM »

Sadly, I had to give away my two cats when I sold my house and moved a couple years ago.  Turned out I was allergic to cats, which explained the runny nose and sinus headaches I'd endured for some 10 years before that.  Win some, lose some.  Confused

Anyway, if your female cat seems to be suddenly gaining weight, a quick feel on the belly for (ahem) big nipples will indicate whether blessed little ones are on their way or not.  If you have a human/cat situation where you can't manage the occasional belly-rub, then you need to brush up on your "momma cat" techniques.  Cats are defenseless against the momma cat techniques.
http://www.scotthelmke.com/team-downbeat-1.jpg

Larrchild

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 10:57:11 PM »

I've always been very tolerant of cat hijinx, when recording, but I just got a new kitten, and as cute as she is.. if she walks across this control surface and dumps my mix again, no more just smiling like a Mentos commercial. I swear I'm going to cook her up with some Dim Sum. ( I think she heard that)
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

amorris

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 11:40:28 AM »

got moving faders? totally hilarious!! youve gotta try it sometime. cats go crazy!

Larrchild

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »

Quote:

got moving faders? totally hilarious!!

Yeah! 3 times while I was printing a mix, the kitten and her mom decided to recreate the final fight scene from "Enter the Dragon" right over the faders and mutes, which of course touch-updated their every paw-move, sigh.

Now they want album-cred.

Larry Janus

Drewcifer

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 05:58:34 PM »

My favorite is when your cat walks across the piano keys in the dead middle of the night...creepy!  Evil or Very Mad

Kitty! Wait a minute, kitty, you're right here in bed with me...

So if you're here, then who's downstairs playing the piano???? Shocked
Everything louder than everything else...

Drewcifer
Mercenary Audio
Foxboro, MA
www.mercenary.com

Larrchild

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 06:24:57 PM »

My friend had a cat that was fascinated by the rotating records on a turntable, and would paw, and slip-cue them with great delight.

We attempted to drop the needle and see what sort of scratch this feline-DJ would bust, but she simply turned a Shure V-15 into a broken stump in about 5 seconds.
Larry Janus

KB_S1

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 09:37:20 AM »

My old cat used to like walking across my turntables whenever i was recording mix tapes. He also used to chase the light show thrown onto the wall by the reflections from the moving vinyl.

Current cats all enjoy typing.
<a href="http://www.parklanerecordingstudios.com/" class="link3">Park Lane Studio</a> Where to find me most of the time<br /><br />

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kb_s1/" class="link3">Flickr</a>where to see what I have been up to  <br /><br />

Red Tape

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 11:19:28 AM »

Have you tried one of them little laser pens?
A friend of mine had 5/6 kittens at once stage, scrambling around his wood-floor kitchen after the little red dot. Hilarity!

Drewcifer

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 03:47:58 PM »

There's one of those Hi-Fi Audiophile Mythology threads going on on Gearslutz right now (y'know magical wire and special wooden knobs and such hokum), which has me wondering: Has anyone discussed the Power of Cat to increase audio fidelity, clarity and smoothness? I mean, when Maggie and her muffins were under your rack there, you must have noticed improved sonics in your control-room, yes?

Something about feline brainwaves, The Mystery of The Purr and the shedding of dander that re-aligns the molecules and ions of...Oh crap, I dunno how it works! it just does!

Really!

And if you believe that, I have something else you'll love:
http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm
Everything louder than everything else...

Drewcifer
Mercenary Audio
Foxboro, MA
www.mercenary.com

Teddy G.

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 01:34:34 PM »

I HAVE been "hearing better" lately...... Hummm...... And I thought it was my new speakers and SM Pro Audio M-Patch 2..???

One of our other ones likes to chase the cursor on the screen... Cats..? Mouse..? Makes sense, ey?

Wearing shorts, daily, in the summer and my legs look like I've walked through a couple miles of "briar patch"... "OWE! Get DOWN you little rat! --- Hey! Quit untying my shoelaces!!!"

mORe caTS!!!

My dog now ASKS to be shut in his "house"(Crate), so as to keep the other kittens from terrorizing him!

TG

grizzly joe

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 02:14:39 PM »

tom cruise and your witchcraft!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.