R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1176-SA stereo adaptor  (Read 3120 times)

Buzz

1176-SA stereo adaptor
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:22:29 PM »

I have 2 1176ln's rev H and the 1176-SA stereo adaptor I trried hooking it up today following the directions in the manual and got wierd results , one unit would peak the meter and the other would be OK no meter peaking , I switched the rca's and got the reverse results.

Any ideas guys

LAter
Buzz

PS: looking at the schematic's it appears that the SA sends a 9vdc bias to the output/gain reduction stage and the FET Q1 ?? both units get 9vdc

Buzz

Re: 1176-SA stereo adaptor
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:33:31 AM »

No ideas I take it ?? I sent UA an e-mail to see what the problem is , I;ll report back with the fix later

Buzz

Jakob Erland

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 11:18:41 AM »

Shouldn't be 9V - but a good deal less than that.

There is a trimmer or a pot that lets you adjust tracking of units (by providing a bit of differential FET gate offset voltage). It's not plug-and-pray, but adjustable.

Your unit may have it either adjusted all way up, or you have a broken pot.

Jakob E.
..note to self: don't let harman run your company..

Buzz

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 05:03:44 PM »

Thanks Jakob I did adjust the pot to no avail ?? , I tested the outs of the unit and there is 9vdc between the center of the rca's but 0vdc from the center to ground ? and the pot had no effect in either case. I will test the pot tonight

LAter
Buzz

Jakob Erland

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 03:06:38 AM »

Original Urei 1176SA manual w/ schematic:

http://www.groupdiy.twin-x.com/albums/userpics/10004/1176SA. pdf

- There should be no voltage (nor connection) between in/out jack tips relative to ground(s).

- The pot should simply adjust a DC voltage difference between the two jack tips - nothing else.

- Urei used a 1.4V battery - that difference voltage should be plenty for all but the wierdest-adjusted 1176's.

Jakob E.
..note to self: don't let harman run your company..

Buzz

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 07:12:46 PM »

The unit I bought from them brand new has a 9v battery in it maybe it's wired wrong ??? I'll check it , I have heard from them but they are just aksing is the battery good ? Ya dude I measured it with a volt meter !! , so I have asked them to forward my ? to engineering

LAter
Buzz

PS: thanks for all the help Jakob !!!

Buzz

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 01:18:42 PM »

Ok so UA does'nt know shit about the 1176-SA or even the 1176ln ????? I can't talk to an engineer or even a tech ??? , so any help here would be great

Later
Buzz

PS: when I plug in the Sa to the 2 1176's one unit PEGS the meter the other goes to about half way ( -10db or so ) any ideas , they want me to send the SA back in for testing/troubleshooting

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.