R/E/P > Brad Blackwood

Your chain

(1/20) > >>

bblackwood:
So, what's your typical chain? Is it too much? Not enough? How often do you change it up? Are you looking to change any part of it?

Discuss.

jtr:
bblackwood wrote on Fri, 23 June 2006 04:37
So, what's your typical chain? Is it too much? Not enough? How often do you change it up? Are you looking to change any part of it?

Discuss.

Sequoia loaded source ->Optional eq plug->d/a DAC1->Manley Massive  ->Millenia Twincom ->Mytek 24/96 ->Sequoia.
All powered by Equitech balanced power (Oregon product!)

As I'm working, I will sometimes have the Sequoia in software fx mode so I can listen to the results of any post recapture plugs that might be of use later.
What I do works for my market. I currently only have one primary outboard comp and eq, so of course I hope to eventually "diversify".   There are a couple pieces I'd like to add just for the alternatives available. Advertising "panel with Weiss Logo" just doesn't cut it....
My last job I had lots of great gear (Z-sys, Sontec, etc) , but still kept the chain in use fairly simple. I find that the more I put in the chain, the harder it is to keep perspective regarding what it was I set out to do. I'd say that my present setup has been good for me in general.

Adding a picture of my lab here: http://rusbymastering.com/Lab.aspx

Ged Leitch:

Cool idea for a thread!

All digital and ITB here>>>

My usual chain was>>>

Samplitude -

Waves Desser

URS Mix EQ (Two instances for more bands)

Voxengo Marquis compressor (Very versatile fullband Comp!)

Waves L2 / Timeworks limiter (L2 when I need it clean as possible, Timeworks when the customer wanted more level)

I have just recently been using a new chain

Better results IMO

New chain>>>

Spitfish Desser or Waves

PLPar EQ ( Lin phase or IIR sounds superb IMO, and it does M/S)

Voxengo Marquis compressor

Desser again but at about 1 to 2db only if at all needed.

Endorphin (soft saturation + Level)

This may seem a lot but i dont use them all the time, but recently have had mixes that had severe *Digititus*

If money were no object i'd have to get myself the OCL-2
and the TC system 6000, cause after hearing them on some mixes i was like....MMMmmmm...

Ged.

Pingu:
I'm always trying new approaches.

Probably cause I'm tyring to make do with digital.

I think things would be a lot simpler with  1 really expensive eq and compressor and that's it.
But i tend to leave my latest chain set up and throw what I'm working on straight into it, adjust to taste.

jazzius:
My chain seems to have settled on the following for most jobs:

Plugins - maybe
Weiss EQ1mk2
Weiss DS1mk2
D/A (Benchmark DAC1)
STC8
Thermionic Culture Phoenix
Lundahl L/R to M/S
Cranesong Ibis
Lundahl M/S to L/R
Cranesong Hedd A/D
Cranseong Hedd processing
Limiter plugin

Obviously not everything is used all the time.

I'd like to add an analog router like the Crookwood or SPL.

Darius

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version