R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: WUMP IV - Jeeezuz!!!  (Read 18966 times)

Pingu

Re: WUMP IV - Jeeezuz!!!
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2006, 12:16:12 AM »

Patrik T wrote on Mon, 19 June 2006 04:52

Hey Pingu and Cerberus.

Let me point out what is the best thing with WUMP. That is that a shitload of good, fine, people will pay attention to your work and give you feedback. From that point of view there are really only two things one should keep in mind:

1. If the majority of people commonly think there is some kind of  problem or distraction in the master, well then one can consider that there is a problem in the master. Lets say that 85% think a master is bright, go figure - it is bright.

2. If people give extremely various responses about the master; one say "too much low mid", while another say "more low mid", while the third is having a ball about perfect low mids. Then one can consider the master to be pretty good. A good master will translate on all systems, but will do it differently (depending on system and room). All of those guys hear the low mids since they mention the low mids, right? Low mids do seem to translate for all guys and maybe they just happen to be just "right".

So, glithes and noises - right, can be debated, but you guys seem to start a small war around it and that kind of paints a melancholic tone onto the really good thing with WUMP. Start using the feedback you gain in order to figure out if there are any problems with your own masters (from the big picture view)instead of fighting about a shitty little crackle.

Noone is better than anybody else. We're all humans who listen to air in movement. Use the feedback in a wise way. Look critically at it as long it is very varying. Use it to spot weaknesses in your monitoring, room, whatever as long as it seem to be of an united nature.

The big picture, sirs, is way more important in WUMP than the little noise you two seem to start a small war around. Eventhough - naturally - it is of interest to know how that one was tackled by those who did care about it.

Best Regards
Patrik

Well said man.

Cerberus, sorry for being an ass.

Im too sensitive.
If I defend myself I am attacked. But in defenselessness I will be strong, and I will learn what my defenses hide.

cerberus

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2006, 09:25:09 AM »

np pingu; i'll try to be less inflammatory...

jeff dinces

Pingu

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2006, 09:51:55 AM »

Alright guys.

Ive done another if anyone wants to listen as i think its a lot better than my first submission.

I only spent 45 mins on the first one.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&uf id=19165ABF4A99331E
If I defend myself I am attacked. But in defenselessness I will be strong, and I will learn what my defenses hide.

MT Groove

« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »

I heard the "glitch" as well.  However, I didn't find it offensive at all in context.  It was a live recording and Jeff did mentioned keeping the live feel.  I opted not to remove it.  Now, the spooky nasty breathing at the end was a different story.  Very Happy

cerberus

« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2006, 06:39:18 PM »

for the record, pingu and i have settled our differences that were expressed in this thread, no animosity here.
wump4 was another fine learning experience for me; thank you all.

jeff dinces

Pingu

« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2006, 08:35:48 PM »

Hear hear, cant wait for the next one.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.