R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone remember these speakers?  (Read 1482 times)

Aka Nameless

Anyone remember these speakers?
« on: June 10, 2006, 05:46:51 PM »

Hello everyone, this is my first post on these forums, sorry its asking for help instead of helping someone else. To the point..

Was visiting my Mother and Step Father yesterday and stumbled across some old loudspeakers in his garage. He said they are called Reference 3 speakers and he bought them in 1982. He said I can have them if I can get some use out of them, but i'm not sure if they are worth the effort "the midfield cone is pretty torn up on both speakers, time just dried them out around the edges and then when turned on the outer edges ripped completely around the cone."

Just curious to know if anyone has heard of these speakers? or more importantly anyone listened to these speakers? There is no labeling of any kind on the speakers, so all I know is they were called Reference 3 or Reference III.

Thanks in advance for any info.

londonbarn

Re: Anyone remember these speakers?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 01:41:59 AM »

maybe  infinity reference III?

compasspnt

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:17:12 AM »

Can you post a photo?

Aka Nameless

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 03:20:33 AM »

I can't find my digital camera atm. couldn't find a picture of infinity III's.. Earlier today he told me that he had them made for him, so they weren't an off the shelf type of thing.

He says they are just called Reference 3's, but that seems like a model number, not a company name..

Maybe i'm just wasting my time along with everyone elses, cause even if i find out the actual speaker name/model number, what are the odds that they will still make the midrange woofer so I can repair them. Or maybe i'm looking too deep, guess I could ask him if he knows the freq. response etc..

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.