R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions please on 1/2" mix(es)  (Read 1766 times)

Bill Cuomo

Opinions please on 1/2" mix(es)
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:18:57 PM »

Hi all-long time "lurker" and have enjoyed reading and gathering info. I've decided to throw myself to the critics here. I have been working on my own time with a band and recently completed mixing, mastering and pressing their first CD.
    Would love to get input from respected audio experts here regarding the sound of this CD. Recorded on RADAR II, Trident 80B and then transferred to G5 for mix. UAD plug-ins exclusively, except for analog verbs which I printed. Back through console to 1/2" and then to CD @ 24/96 for mastering. My buddy, Brian Foraker did the mastering.

There are 4 songs here: http://www.myspace.com/halostereo

Thanks in advance, Bill

j.hall

Re: Opinions please on 1/2" mix(es)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 01:18:59 PM »

more compression!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA

sounds good man.

that's a great clean channel guitar tone.  and the lead vocal is really smooth and nice.

Bill Cuomo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 07:38:31 PM »

I love it........."more compression". Thanks for the input. Spent extra time trying to get this to sound hi-fi and warm. I am so over highly crunchy, non-dynamic, above zero recordings. After all, that was the point of digita wasn't it? No hiss in those "sensitive" sections :~)>

j.hall

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 02:50:34 PM »

yeah, dynamic range is huge with 24 bit digital audio, but they also seemed to invent some plugs that can make things insanely loud.

my compression comment was just a joke.................but had i mixed those tunes, i would have compressed them more.  i like what you did, feels good to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.