R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great interview  (Read 4326 times)

Extreme Mixing

Great interview
« on: May 13, 2011, 05:52:49 PM »

Michael.

Just wanted to thank you for sharing all of the great info on the Dave Pensado site.  Some priceless stuff there.

Steve

Michael Brauer

Re: Great interview
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 12:59:58 AM »

Michael.

Just wanted to thank you for sharing all of the great info on the Dave Pensado site.  Some priceless stuff there.

Steve

thank you, it was really fun. I can't believe how fast that hour went.

michael

Extreme Mixing

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 01:04:38 AM »

I have some mixes coming up in the next few days and I think I'll give a look at the MBC method.  I use a lot of compression these days, too, but hearing you talk about switched on a few lights in my head.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I've always been more the Dave Pensado type, where, If I think it needs compression, I do it.  I think I'll add in your style of adding in a few more mix busses, that all feed the main mix.  Or at least my take on it.

Steve

bigbone

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »

Michael

thank's for that interview, it was inspiring.

JN

studjo

• Real Full Name: jo eberhard
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 10:25:51 AM »

yup Michael that was the best Pensado's Place ever! I use your MBC-technique since a few years and modified it to my liking. After this Interview I'll ad some other twists to it - and I have to try the 11 compressors on one lead vocal (11 being one better than 10 which is obviously way better than your 5 compressors  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D )

Thanks man

Jo

Extreme Mixing

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 04:41:20 PM »

Michael,

Just wondering where you bring your effects back using your method.  Do they go to the unprocessed bus, or do you try to route, say the guitar delay to the same bus as the guitars are going?  I have a little mixer set up that I'm working with in Pro Tools, and I'm trying some different things, some working, some not.  But as you say, I'll keep at it until it sounds musical to me.  I used it on a mix on thursday and it worked very well.

Steve

Michael Brauer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 02:07:21 PM »

it depends. most send/returns are fed to the stereo buss. pretty much all those questions are answered on my site.

michael

Joram

• Real Full Name: Joram Pinxteren
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »

Say the interview today..with Jack Joseph Puig's words in anther Pensado Place interview it gives a interesting picture of today's use of compressors, I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.