R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remoting PC  (Read 1337 times)

Andres Gonzalez

remoting PC
« on: June 05, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »

I tried a search but without luck so I thought I would ask this question. I am sure this has been discussed but I cannot find anything.

What do you use to remote your PC from your mixdown area? I have a noisy PC and would like to extend the distance from the PC box to the monitor, keyboard and mouse. Those of you who do the same, what do you use?

Thanks,

-Andres

Teddy G.

Re: remoting PC
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 09:35:33 PM »

There are things like the "Red Rover", for Adobe Audition and the "Tranzport" from Frontier - www.frontierdesign.com (Which looks rather neat-o, in it's latest Electronic Musician, add?)for many different programs, but I just cut a hole in the wall to the next room, put the box on one side and ran the cables for everything to the other side and stuffed the hole with an old beach towel... works good... cheap......

TG

Andres Gonzalez

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:19:38 PM »

thank you for your reply.

I just checked out those solutions--very interesting. However, my first impression is that they might be limited since they become the computer interface. I want to remote the mouse, keyboard and monitor over a distance longer than typical. By remoting the existing PC interfaces, I will not loose any functionality.

I have a wireless mouse--the monitor is probably the biggest problem.

-Andres

Otitis Media

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:55:14 PM »

There's a whole bunch of products - check what Gefen has to offer.  You can run VGA over CAT5, not sure if you'd need any kind of spiffy repeater cables for kbrd and mouse...
Dan Roth
Hired Gun
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.