R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best trance making program>???<  (Read 10696 times)

lukep90

best trance making program>???<
« on: June 03, 2006, 07:27:58 PM »

hey, i am looking to get into making trance, and i am currently looking to find the best program to make it in. i have looked into pro tools (le & M powered) and Reason. i wanted to know which one will be the best? also, whats the difference between the M powered and le pro tools???? finally, i am on a tight budget (500-600) to start. thanks a lot

crm0922

Re: best trance making program>???<
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 03:13:01 AM »

You might want to try a different forum.  This one tends to attract folks that are into the polar opposite of "trance" music.

Sorry I can't recommend another forum confidently.  You could try "Music Computers" on http://www.gearslutz.com.

Chris

Daniel Farris

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 11:57:30 AM »

I agree that this is probably not the best forum to browse for authoritative answers to that question. However, you should probably look at Reason and Ableton Live with an M-Box as an interface. My very limited experience with those programs suggests that pretty much anything is possible.

Good luck,
DF

Buzz

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 02:25:46 PM »

LSD is the best by far

LAter
Buzz

Nadsat Rebel

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 03:59:14 AM »

lukep90 wrote on Sat, 03 June 2006 18:27

hey, i am looking to get into making trance, and i am currently looking to find the best program to make it in. i have looked into pro tools (le & M powered) and Reason. i wanted to know which one will be the best? also, whats the difference between the M powered and le pro tools???? finally, i am on a tight budget (500-600) to start. thanks a lot

Try Acid.  Great, stable program.  Very easy to learn, sounds great.  PT is a good audio recorder, but not my first choice for editing dance beats.

As far as Pro Tools is concerned, I wouldn't get too worried about any version 6.1/6.4 or later.  I've never used the "M-Powered" version of PT, but that really doesn't worry me.    Whatever platform PT runs on, they are all easy to use.  

Good Luck,

John

Toby M

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 03:49:25 AM »

We like Logic over here but its not really the program you use.. more technical things could be the use lots of different delays, clever use of dynamics (serial // comp, busscomp, mastercomp etc.) and lots of E.q to make all elements fit an leave space in the spectrum. If it is going to end up on vinyl, theres more things to consider.

This one are NOT into the polar opposite of "trance" music.
What has engineering sound to do with music?
Im with Tony Platt on this, study all styles of "genre" engineering, nic tricks and apply them to different music styles.
Keep it up!/Toby
www.cascatoma.com
Smiles can be heard !

Remy

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

Hi luke,

I think any pro sequencing program would do.
If you want to find more information about making trance, you can visit these forums.

club trance:
http://trance.nu/v3/forums/index.php
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/

psychedelic trance:
http://forum.isratrance.com/
http://www.psynews.org/

cheers, Smile

Meriphew

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 05:36:18 PM »

What I want to know is, which finger should I use to make trance music with?

Tomas Danko

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 05:45:55 PM »

Meriphew wrote on Mon, 31 July 2006 22:36

What I want to know is, which finger should I use to make trance music with?

I would recommend the right index finger for the computer related tasks and the left index finger for inserting the notes on your keyboard. However, if you do not intend to become a world class trance hero you can stick with using the right index finger for all tasks and few people will notice.

Just don't go around boasting how you've been using both index fingers, because the cream of the crop will call you out on that one once they hear your tracks.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Meriphew

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 05:51:21 PM »

Tomas Danko wrote on Mon, 31 July 2006 14:45

Just don't go around boasting how you've been using both index fingers, because the cream of the crop will call you out on that one once they hear your tracks.

I would never dream of doing that. Besides, My other hand is holding either my glowstick or a pacifier.

Juergen

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 12:11:04 AM »

For very quick laying out of songform, arranging, etc, I think Logic kicks arse. The only thing would be to 'get into it' as so many people, upon first impression desist.

It's a powerful tool though...even if you use it more for creating music than processing it...after giving it some time, reasons for why things are layed out the way they are start making more sense, and even become extremely useful.

Or you might completely hate it through and through. Find something that makes working on it a joy for you. That way, you don't have your tool making life impossible when in reality you should have a good time.
Signature: The fakultative signature, which will appear with the soil of your reports
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.