R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: These are a few of my favorite things. (ITB live guitar)  (Read 941 times)

Tidewater

These are a few of my favorite things. (ITB live guitar)
« on: May 28, 2006, 05:44:50 AM »

Max had asked about me using GRM Tools, from Steinborg..

Doppler makes a very cool, deep Univibe type thing. Very neat. If you are using a Windows based system, the coolest free thing in the World is Simuanalog Guitar Suite, if only for the Univibe. I have never had a need to even test the others in the package.

My favorite GRM is the band pass. It works nicely parallel with an un-effected sound, to bring a bit out front, in a dense mix. I sometimes use it on a delay, or reverb return, and it's wonderful on all kinds of vocals.

I use Cubase 5 in my live guitar rig. My computer is inserted. Here is the only use in the World for a few hated plugins, starting with per channel inserts.

L2 Used to keep the different levels between channels a little more tamed. I use about 3-4db of GR on the front end, and level match to the clean sound.

PSP Lexicon 42 Longer delays. 1-3 repeats, 450-670ms.

Renn EQ I tried out the URS plugins. The N-Series will take this slot sometime soon. level matched to clean sound.

Guitar Suite Univibe

The channels are bussed: Inserts are different per channel, and depends on how I feel, but usually just a touch of:

Renn Bass Set at 100hz or so, and mildy added.. almost not there. Only used at extremely low amp volumes.. loudness, you know.

I use B4 as a send, and I send from the buss.

In the master section, I have:
1. R Verb
2. R EQ (URS A Series is better by a mile)
3. R Comp I scrunch it down no more than 4-5db, more of a treatment to R-verb, Opto, slow attack, faster release.

You can run 8 channels/busses like this, with 3ms latency, on a 2.4Ghz machine with no more than 256 meg of ram, and it sounds pretty good, I think.

I wish someone would make a good Octavia thing.

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

maxim

Re: These are a few of my favorite things. (ITB live guitar)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:07:36 AM »

miles wrote:

"GRM Tools, from Steinborg.."

i was under the impression that these were made in france

doppler is my favourite for the subtle "movement in the mix"

i also have used their stuttering plug, whatever that's called

i've never used itb stuff live, but now that i've upgraded to the g5 imac at home (yay!), the pismo can come out in the road

i'm quite fond of some dp modulation devices, and altiverb's spring reverb for that surf break

so has this rig ever crashed on you?

he also wrote:

"I wish someone would make a good Octavia thing"

i must say when it comes to fuzz, ain't nothing like the real thing

maxim

Re: These are a few of my favorite things. (ITB live guitar)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 11:45:06 PM »

i just thought of another great gtr plug

deep phase nine by audioease, the altiverb folks

great phasing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.