R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DDP fail  (Read 19688 times)

tbridge

• Real Full Name: Tony Bridge
Re: DDP fail
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »

Hi Pieter, that all sounds good...  ;D Will the update be an automatic download when it appears, or do we have to re-visit the website occasionally?

yhm

Pieter Stenekes

• Real Full Name: Pieter Stenekes
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »

it will be announced in the newsletter

tbridge

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2011, 11:12:28 AM »

Update:

After lengthy discussions with the Plant, the broker has now waived all re-pressing costs...
 :) ;)

bradsarno

• Real Full Name: Brad Sarno
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »

Question.

If I've created a DDP file set say via SoundBlade, that exists as a folder of DDP file set components. How do I generate a MD5 Checksum for that folder? Every time I try it seems I need to generate an individual MD5 for each component file within the DDP folder. Should I zip first, and then generate an MD5 for the single zipped file?

Oh, and congrats on having the plant cover the re-pressing!

Thanks,
Brad

JimK

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 11:21:05 PM »

Question.

If I've created a DDP file set say via SoundBlade, that exists as a folder of DDP file set components. How do I generate a MD5 Checksum for that folder? Every time I try it seems I need to generate an individual MD5 for each component file within the DDP folder. Should I zip first, and then generate an MD5 for the single zipped file?

Oh, and congrats on having the plant cover the re-pressing!

Thanks,
Brad

Hi Brad,

I've been using DDP Creator from Sonoris as of late and it's very convenient that the MD5 Checksum is created from within the application.

I have also created DDP image files from Peak and used Checksum+ from Pescados Software to create the MD5 Checksum. After selecting the folder that contains the DDP components, Checksum+ will open the folder and allow you to select all of the files in the folder to create one MD5 Checksum for all of the files.
Jim Kissling

bkuijt

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 04:27:24 AM »

Another option is 'MD5' which also allows selection of multiple files within a folder.

It still amazes me that no easier checksum program has been written for mac.
There are plenty of Windows apps that handle folders recursively or however you choose...

The idea would be to include the md5 checksum of the original files inside the zip archive to
be able to verify that the extracted files are identical to their originals.
Bastiaan Kuijt  //  BK Audio  //  www.bkaudio.nl

hnewman

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but it's worth knowing that the latest version of DDPEXPORT packaged with Sequoia 11 automatically generates checksum files.

bradsarno

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:33 PM »

So if I do a checksum of the grouped files contained within the DDP folder, would I then save the checksum outside of that DDP folder, place all of that within a parent folder and then zip it all into one file. Then the recipient will know to apply the checksum to the group of files within the DDP folder? Seems a bit messy or begging for confusion at the receiving end.

How good is zipping with regards to this kind of data verification? How about zipping the DDP folder, and then creating a checksum for the zipped file?

Brad

JimK

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »

The Checksum will be saved inside the DDP folder with all of the other component files. You would then just zip the main DDP folder with the Checksum file included inside it.

Zipping has not failed me yet.
Jim Kissling

bradsarno

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 02:37:18 PM »

Perfect!   :)

Checksum+ created one MD5 for all files in the DDP folder. Sonoris DDP Player (among other MD5 tools) was able to check that MD5.

I assume there's no issue at the plant when there's an MD5 file sitting in the DDP folder. I assume it ignores it.

Thanks for all the help!

Brad

JimK

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »

Hopefully they run the MD5 Checksum at the plant!

Happy to hear it worked out for you.
Jim Kissling

tbridge

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 02:54:06 PM »

Hey Brad

I would not assume anything! :)

edit: Oh, re-reading your post, I think that's what you're doing  8)

lowland

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 03:48:55 AM »

I assume there's no issue at the plant when there's an MD5 file sitting in the DDP folder. I assume it ignores it.

That's true: SADiE also automatically generates an MD5 if you want it to and puts it in the DDP folder. It's been able to do this for quite a few years, and by now I must have supplied several hundred masters made this way to factories all over the place without problems.
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
www.lowlandmasters.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.