R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IMP 25 discussion thread  (Read 24816 times)

j.hall

Re: IMP 25 discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 10:57:28 AM »

J.Hall:  your "not much compression" critique...can you clarify?  Cause, if you mean "master brick wall make it loud" compression it would be because I didn't use any.  I generally prefer not to.  But I'd like to hear more of what you mean 'cause I may have used more compression in other areas than you think!

i don't use L2 or anything like that.  i'm talking about overall compression within and on the mix.  i just got a general sense that your mix wasn't really "glued" together all that well.  there isn't anything wrong with that.  i tend to like aggressive sounding mixes.  so color my comments with that knowledge.

hope that helps.

colinl

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

yeah, i got rid of that guitar track.  too messy, just sucked the mix down, and was really distracting to me.

layered guitar sound?  didn't i just pan them out and crank em up?

vox FX moves between three different things.  verb, delay and pitch shifting.  it's also typical for me to have a fourth, distortion.

if you can get more specific i'm sure my answers will as well.

ah, I thought I heard a delay or something that made the guitars sound 3D...  maybe I was just high

I am interested in how you EQ'd the guitars.. they retain a glossy edge without being harsh..  they're present but they have a space in the mix, not just slammed in your face.

I heard the verb and delay on vox, where did the pitch shifting come in? 

j.hall

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 01:59:59 PM »

ah, I thought I heard a delay or something that made the guitars sound 3D...  maybe I was just high

I am interested in how you EQ'd the guitars.. they retain a glossy edge without being harsh..  they're present but they have a space in the mix, not just slammed in your face.

I heard the verb and delay on vox, where did the pitch shifting come in?

i did add some delay to one track, to give it more space and depth.

let me look at my mix before i comment on the EQ thing, and the vocal fx.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.