R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic Pre's and Noise  (Read 1277 times)

Dave Soukup

Mic Pre's and Noise
« on: May 20, 2006, 12:19:37 AM »

Hey,

I am in the process of installing a console..I am now to the point of connecting the mic lines to the pre's and my first 2 that I connected I am getting all sorts of noise..untill I connect a wire from the shield to the metal of the console. The console is grounded.I am using AMP 640440-3 connectors, with gepco gep-flex 22 gauge wire. Could anyone give me some pointers at what I could be doing wrong and what I could do to fix it? Also is there a better way of inserting the cables into the connecter then using the T handle insertion tool? It's a pain to use.

Thanks
Dave

Brian Roth

Re: Mic Pre's and Noise
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 12:52:03 AM »

What desk are you installing?  I assume the AMP connectors are what was originally supplied for I/O on this particular desk?

Bri

Brian Roth Technical Services
Oklahoma City, OK
www.BrianRoth.com

Dave Soukup

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 01:14:52 AM »

Brian,

I am installing a Harrison MR4, and yes the connectors are what is supplied for the mic pre's. They had an option for the AMP connectors to XLR but we don't have them, so I am going from the AMP to a TUCHEL connector, then to the wall.

Dave

Brian Roth

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 02:48:02 AM »

So, the shield for each mic pair is stabbed into the AMP along with the two signal conductors?  If that's the case, then measure the resistance between the AMP pin which carries the shield and the console frame.  It should be essentially 0 Ohms.

Bri

Brian Roth Technical Services
Oklahoma City, OK
www.BrianRoth.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.