R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: What chemicals Altered you FOREVER ??  (Read 14667 times)

Tidewater

Re: What chemicals Altered you FOREVER ??
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 01:43:49 AM »

Anything I say here would be taken as an endorsement for drug usage, and misunderstood, and yet I can't help myself from saying so.

Tiny blurbs about drugs, or music, or anything else I can think of, really don't serve the reader any service.

There is much to be learned in altered states, but it's an hellish place to be lost to, and that is the best I can do.

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

Brian Kehew

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 01:44:22 AM »

Psylocybin, once; changed EVERYTHING.

Jack Daniels: significant contributor to my feeling happier in life and being comfortable with who I am.

I do not support or denigrate chemically-indiced anything. I don't drink coffee or smoke either. But it all just IS, neither good nor bad.

Excellent thread.
Relax and float downstream...

maxim

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 01:48:14 AM »

brian wrote:

"But it all just IS, neither good nor bad."

it's all what we make it

maxim

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 01:49:39 AM »

william wrote:

"personally, I prefer pointing out that "cilantro" is really coriander"

and not "chinese parsley"!

zetterstroem

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 04:24:11 AM »

THC  Shocked

totally undermined part of my mental development  Sad ... and 93/94 i can't even remember...
today i'm totally against it in any form...

but the last ten years my only serious problem is caffeine and alcohol....

i get completely irresponsible when drunk  Twisted Evil
Noting the music industry's complaints that illegal downloading means people are getting their music for free, he said, "Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway." (b.dylan)

Buzz

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 04:42:11 AM »

Sorry if I offended anyone it's just that after having been on this board for a while and judging by the age/expiriences here theres no doubt ( not a pun !!) that chemicals have played a role in the visitors to this place .

It was half in jest and half in truth . just thought there were so many " what changed this " threads that HELL one more cant hert !!

Just trying to lighten the place up a bit I suppose ????

Later
Buzz

PS: Ross if this is "inn" apropriate remove it please !!! well I tried to speel chekc but ut faillled

Vertigo

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 08:27:33 AM »

Quote:

I let a lot of stuff go but are we slipping here ...?
I have to say that this is not where I would like the forum to head towards ....

Me either, but as a self-contained thread I think it has bearing. Many people would argue that drugs are where the best music comes from.

Quote:

personally, I prefer pointing out that "cilantro" is really coriander, in English

Actually, coriander is the seed of the cilantro plant...

-Lance

CHANCE

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 08:49:25 AM »

Did just about everything- it seemed like fun then- I now know that I wasted 20 years of my life that I will never get back.
Chance Pataki
The Musicians Workshop
musicians.workshop@gte.net
http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com

A person is a biological signal processor--EQ mag

Asagaai

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 09:17:33 AM »

Morphine, each time after my shoulder ripped out surfing, ripped out body surfing, and then finally ripped out doing a dyno while rock climbing.  Had an operation, off my nut on morphine for 3 days, had a party in the ward with pretty nurses and geriatrics, (good time but) and after that sort of lost interest totally in any getting pissed/stoned etc.

Now I savour a clear mind. Life is too short to be fogged and unmotivated.   I remember arguing with a dude at Uni who said he could ride his motocross bike better stoned than straight-I said it was bull).  Anybody maintain they can mix better on substances?

Mixing seems to be an interesting mix (ha) of technical with a touch of feel/empathy?

GJ
Newcastle/OZ

Pingu

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 10:01:29 AM »

Asagaai wrote on Tue, 16 May 2006 21:17

Morphine, each time after my shoulder ripped out surfing, ripped out body surfing, and then finally ripped out doing a dyno while rock climbing.  Had an operation, off my nut on morphine for 3 days, had a party in the ward with pretty nurses and geriatrics, (good time but) and after that sort of lost interest totally in any getting pissed/stoned etc.

Now I savour a clear mind. Life is too short to be fogged and unmotivated.   I remember arguing with a dude at Uni who said he could ride his motocross bike better stoned than straight-I said it was bull).  Anybody maintain they can mix better on substances?

Mixing seems to be an interesting mix (ha) of technical with a touch of feel/empathy?

GJ
Newcastle/OZ

Ive been clean for 3 years.

Ah....

Its been damn hard.

I don't recommend it.
If I defend myself I am attacked. But in defenselessness I will be strong, and I will learn what my defenses hide.

CHANCE

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 10:16:45 AM »

Asagaai wrote on Tue, 16 May 2006 06:17

GJ
Newcastle/OZ

well put
Chance Pataki
The Musicians Workshop
musicians.workshop@gte.net
http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com

A person is a biological signal processor--EQ mag

Joe Black

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 11:27:25 AM »

wwittman wrote on Mon, 15 May 2006 23:54

personally, I prefer pointing out that "cilantro" is really coriander, in English;

As a gardener, I always thought it was a way to distinguish between use of the leaves (cilantro) and the dried seed (coriander), and (Maxim) it is a member of the parsley family, though I've never heard it called Chinese Parsley. Don't matter to me, some leaf in a salad opens my nose up.

Heroin and crack for the waste it wreak and continues to wreak on an otherwise bright and wonderful subculture. Marijuana for pointing out how pointless the US government can be. On me, though I've done most of them, I've felt different from 1st grade and didn't need the drugs to take me there. Emma Goldman, Thomas Pynchon amd six steel strings have had more influence on the wayward life I've led.

macr0w

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 11:37:03 AM »

Asagaai wrote on Tue, 16 May 2006 09:17

GJ
Newcastle/OZ

I sometimes think I can mix better when stoned (I only occasionally smoke pot, no alcohol or other drugs). But when I come back straight and listen I say "What the hell was I thinking?"
http://www.clearspotrecording.com/
"You know, if I had a few midgets and Puerto Rican hooker I could make some good art."

macr0w

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 11:39:32 AM »

Bill Mueller wrote on Mon, 15 May 2006 22:52

The subtle scent of an aroused woman changed me instantly and forever.

Best Regards,

Bill

Yeah, Me too. But I think the "not so" subtle scent of an aroused woman who needs a bath changed me more.  Confused
http://www.clearspotrecording.com/
"You know, if I had a few midgets and Puerto Rican hooker I could make some good art."

Ross Hogarth

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 12:13:04 PM »

In the old days this would have been real ..
but recently I was working with a naive young artist, so my buddy Jim Anton (awesome bass player) and I decided to freak out the room
Whiteout works great on a table top as fake blow ......
can fool even the most highly trained pro from a distance ....

index.php/fa/2826/0/

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 19 queries.