R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help ! GML Idris Problem Amek APC 1000  (Read 2118 times)

steve p

• Real Full Name: Steve Perkins
Help ! GML Idris Problem Amek APC 1000
« on: May 10, 2006, 05:26:11 AM »

I am commissioning an 80 ch. Amek APC 1000 at my studio and am having troubles getting to the GML side of the computer,

I can log on to the  "root" side but when i try to login to the GML side the GML banner and copyright screen comes up and it says GML version 6.616 then .... "proca" and freezes up.

I can run all the fader/switch test programs.

I can login to the root side and create users "makeuser" also in the root side i can "fix disk" but it wont let me "checkdisk"

I have reinstalled the GML system from the hard drive but it wont let me erase the GML side with the command "newuser" .... Strange as this is what the manual says to do.

I know this is an in depth question but i was hopeing someone who knows the system could help me, as i have been trying to figure this out on my own now for 3 days and have gotten no where........

I need to continue with the commissioning....... so much work to do, and i am stuck ....

You can checkout pics of the commissioning and the studio build here....

There are LOTS of pics.  scroll down to the middle of the page,
the following pages show the commisioning up to date.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=48460&pa ge=14

steve

Steve Perkins

Creation Recording Studios

JOHN 3:16

Dave Hecht

Re: Help ! GML Idris Problem Amek APC 1000
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 01:24:49 PM »

It sounds like it's hanging up during the self test. I don't recall if this indicates it's hanging on the proc a board, or the proc a is ok, and it's hanging on the proc b board. Either way, try pulling the cards, making sure all chips are seated, and re-seating the cards. I've rarely encountered any component problems with those cards, so there's a good chance this will solve the problem.

Dave Hecht

steve p

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 02:23:04 PM »

Hi Dave,  Thanks for your reply,

I have pulled the cards and visually inspected all of them and double checked all the ribbon cable connections and power rails .....

One more thing that may help to diagnose this problem, The GML Master panel has never  "lit up" and it is plugged into the right spot on the VME

does the master panel light up after the system boots or should it be on at power up ?

Does the system need to  "see" the console for me to log on or will it operate on its own.

I am wondering if this is a system problem or a ribbon cable connection

Thanks for your help, its good to know that someone out there knows this system.

steve

Steve Perkins

Dave Hecht

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 04:12:10 PM »

IIRC the GML master panel lights after the system boots. As for the system "seeng" the console, most  sytems are just the GML faders and mutes, it doesn't "see" the console. I believe the Amek APC had events as well, so there are additional daughter cards on the mute cards in the GML rack. I've never worked on an APC, but the events cards on a VR connect to daughter boards below each bucket. These can be pulled for testing, or to disable the events, and the system will run fine. I still think you have an issue with with the proc a or b cards, but you can try booting up disconnected from the console and see if it makes any difference.

Dave Hecht

steve p

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 04:37:56 PM »

Quote:

I still think you have an issue with with the proc a or b cards, but you can try booting up disconnected from the console and see if it makes any difference.

Dave Hecht

Thanks Dave,

I tried to Login with the VME disconnected from the desk,
Same thing the GML banner comes up and then it says proca and freezes

I am with you on the proc cards being the problem....

Strange that the fader test programs work , but i know that is rom.

Thank you for your time,

steve

Steve Perkins

steve p

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 06:49:47 PM »

Dave, it looks like its a bad ram card in the VME, i swapped it out and now i can login and the master panel comes on.

Thanks for all your help,

I sure wish i could get some spare cards , drives and chips for this system, if you know of any please let me know.
Thanks for all your help !!
Smile

steve

Steve Perkins

bobreghr

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 01:18:49 AM »

Steve, glad you got it figured out.

I was going to suggest that you contact Joe or Ted at GRS Systems for help. They did repairs on my GML system last year and have worked on all of my Amek desks and power supplies. They do excellent work.

I read your posts over at GearSlutz and from your info, I think GRS is in your back yard in Orange County.

Here is their web link http://www.grssystems.com  for future if you need them.

Regards,

Bob

steve p

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 04:20:57 PM »

Hi Bob,   Thanks for the link !

I still have some work to do to workout the Bugs in the APC1000 and the GML system, so i will contact these guys,

Thanks,

steve
Steve Perkins

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.