R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi Timbral Instruments in Logic 7  (Read 3473 times)

brett

Multi Timbral Instruments in Logic 7
« on: April 27, 2006, 05:21:09 PM »

I am using logic Express 7. I load Kontakt 2 onto an instrument track. I then load all my orch on one kontakt instrument. I want to be able to sequence each patch on it's own midi channel. In PT I just created midi tracks and output them to the kontak port and set the midi tracks channel to match the patch channel loaded in kontak2.

In Logic however, you sequence on the intsrument track rather then send midi to an audio track that has an instrument plug-in. So, now without using some device like midipipe, I can't figure out how to send multiple midi channels to one instrument. I don't want to have to open a new kontak instance for every drum patch and string ensemble.

I tried creating multiple audio instument tracks set to the same instrument, but when I change the channel on one it changes the channel on all of them.

-thanks, Brett

Ashermusic

Re: Multi Timbral Instruments in Logic 7
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 11:01:35 PM »

In the Environment create a multi instrument and cable it to the Kontakt 2 instance. Enable the channles you want to use and just add them to the Arrange page.

You really should buy Orren Merton's "Logic Pro 7 Power" or better yet take my Logic classes at UCLA Extension.

Or better yet hire me to tutor you privately.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 16 queries.