R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neotek Elite, again....  (Read 2916 times)

Klokkern

Neotek Elite, again....
« on: May 17, 2006, 03:13:45 AM »

Hi all

I have just (eeeehrrr, actually 2 months ago) bought a 95 Neotek Elite console that started it´s life with the Swedish Broadcasting Corporation. It will be installed and cabeled up during the next two weeks. Of course, I am very curious to start working on it, and now I have some questions that I hope someone (Steve??) can give me a clue or two on....

Earlier, I have been using mostly external mic pres when recording (A Studer mic valve (D19) with Telefunken NOS tubes and a Midas XL42 + an old 16 ch Soundcraft 6000 for close micing drums). So I am wondering how the ones with a similar console usually record. Do you use the Neotek mic pres a lot, or do you mainly use external mic pres. I know I can expect a "clean and neutral" sound from the Neotek, which will certainly be good for a lot of recording, but is there anything you find it doesn´t really work on??

Silly question, I know, but since I am very impatient to start working on it, I´d like to "know" if anything is likely to dissapoint me....

I also wonder if there is anything I (or rather the guy I have hired to do all the wiring) should be aware of when it is beeing cabeled up? The guy who does the job for me is very skilled, he had a hand in setting up lots of the analouge consoles that are operating in Oslo, but there are not many Neotek mixers here.... So is there anything I should tell him to look out for or do while setting it up for me.

Thank you all for your valuable time Cool

Regards,
Lars K

Peace, sunshine and happiness for all

drumsound

Re: Neotek Elite, again....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 02:43:23 AM »

Lars,

Congratulations!

I have an Elan, which has the same preamps as the Elite.  They sound really great and are quite fast.  I really like them on drums, and I prefer to do the whole drum set on the Neotek pres instead of using different things on different elements of the drum-set.  Bass, guitar and vocals all sound good on these pres.  I have done entire projects using only the console pres.

Have Fun!

Klokkern

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 04:31:17 PM »

Thank you Cool

The days pass slowly at the moment, the wait seems VERY long....

larsK
Peace, sunshine and happiness for all

Toby M

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 04:18:19 PM »

I have an Elan and are very pleased with it. Mine was from 88 so a recapping was needed, so now i like it even more;)

You probably know all this already but Mike at Sytek has spares if youll need any.

http://www.sytek-audio-systems.com/

Theres also a Neotek mailing list here.
http://www.analogbros.com/neotek/

Good luck with your desk! /Toby /Sweden
www.cascatoma.com
Smiles can be heard !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.