R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Andrew Lloyd Weber and the Holocaust don't mix  (Read 6085 times)

Tidewater

Re: OT: Andrew Lloyd Weber and the Holocaust don't mix
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 10:34:23 PM »

-sigh-
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

J.J. Blair

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2006, 10:36:30 PM »

I consider the conditions leading to the war to be absolutely part of this story.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

wwittman

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 11:22:49 PM »

JJ, ever read Studs Terkel's The Good War?

you should.
William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

compasspnt

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2006, 11:26:55 PM »

Those who do not study History are doomed to repeat it.

Tidewater

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2006, 11:41:32 PM »

But, but, but... you have to understand the context.

We are doomed, that's for sure.

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

J.J. Blair

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2006, 11:56:06 PM »

William, I will.  Thanks.

BTW, did anybody catch 60 Minutes tonight?  Talk about repeating history.  Sounds suspicioualy like some behavior that happened back in 1939.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

maxim

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2006, 01:51:05 AM »

terry wrote:

"Those who do not study History are doomed to repeat it"

even the ones who do, are, at times, nevertheless, likewise, doomed

George_

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2006, 03:07:48 AM »

keeping in mind that JJ is half Jewish, I dont know what exactly the problem is..

if you ever heard/see documentation from the poor citizen of Auschwitz.. they are not able to live.. I mean.. someone wanted to organise a popconcert.. no.. not possible.. to many guys killed 60 years ago..
one company (rubber) wanted to move there (ground is cheaper) and build a factory.. no not possible.. the glue is made of bones (NOT HUMAN bones) and it smells funny.. so its not good for Auschwitz..

blahblahblah..

long story short.. poor guys there

Rammstein and Leni:
rammstein is a cool band, known everywhere round the planet.. I was stagehand on one of their gigs 3 years ago in switzerland.. they played with Clawfinger.. the only point from Rammsteins sniger was, to get in contact with the GF of the Clawfinger guitarist.. they are as much Nazi as Britney Spears.. only marketing.
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

J.J. Blair

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2006, 03:17:36 AM »

Wow.  Oh no he didn't!
studio info

wwittman

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »

Remember father Guido Sarducci's 5 minute University?

The Holocaust - "to many guys killed 60 years ago.. " (sic)

what can one add?

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

J.J. Blair

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2006, 03:28:23 AM »

The Swiss are renowned for their sensitivity to Holocaust victims.  That and their Alpenhorns.
studio info

RMoore

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2006, 06:00:47 AM »

On my 'Summer vacation' 2 yrs ago I read the entire tome of 'The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich' bu William Shirer,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671728687/103-2117786-7769 441?v=glance&n=283155

If you have the time - a VERY INTERESTING read,

A few of the most interesting things: how they went from a marginal group everyone considered crackpots to taking over, it was so slow, manipulative and methodical that before anyone noticed what was really going on, it was too late,

How easy it was to manipulate the populace with propaganda & lies,

How Adolf was clearly completely nutso and making disastrous strategic errors (like waging war on too many fronts), yet the Generals would go along with it because he was the leader,

Like Compass Point referred to - how history repeats itself

People's Republic of Ryan

http://www.myspace.com/twilightcircus
 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryonik

By the end of today, another day is gone forever. You will never get it back.
We must never let up for a second. Work harder at every single thing - Terry Manning

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take - Wayne Gretzky

George_

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2006, 07:47:15 AM »

whats wrong wwittman with my argumentation? I forgot a "o" in too..

sorry bout that.. my english is bad;)

JJ..
Quote:

The Swiss are renowned for their sensitivity to Holocaust victims. That and their Alpenhorns.

If you refer to the UBS (Swissbanc)-story you are right.. we paid you;) so we are done Cool

need more arguments? like alphorn?

btw.. how can I increase the volume of my alphorn with the L2 without loosing BASS???!! .. Very Happy

eat more cheese?
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

Brian Kehew

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2006, 08:48:56 AM »

I have to say that Jesus Christ Superstar is one my favorite records if ALL time. Original London version with Ian Gillan. What a recording. Much done at Olympic, but they used so many places - and what a bunch of players. I would "move there" if I could. That stuff is what I love in music.

BTW - WW1, I believe (with significant study of both) was as horrific and important to the world as the next one.
Relax and float downstream...

Brian Kehew

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2006, 08:53:03 AM »

Plus, I don't see any anti-Semitic thread in the musical, almost every role in the play is Jewish, on all sides.

That's like saying West Side Story is Anti-NY.
Relax and float downstream...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.