R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Tommy" The Who  (Read 8561 times)

masterhse

Re: "Tommy" The Who
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 01:51:01 PM »

Ronny wrote on Tue, 25 April 2006 21:55

The fact that it's a bootleg makes it that much worse, IMHO. It wasn't recorded legally in the first place, so the rightful owners are getting screwed from the get go. By supporting bootlegs you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution and people wonder why the price of cd's has gone up so much.

I agree Ronny, in this case though the concert (other than the song Won't Get Fooled Again) is not available publicly other than as a radio show. It's a shame that some of these concerts won't be heard or available by a large majority of the public.

That last that I spoke with a representative for KB they were well aware of people actually selling CDs of the concerts on Ebay and made efforts to stop that from happening. As far as people swapping stuff, I would guess that it's far more difficult and in some ways may help to promote the show.

BTW for Who fans KB also has a full John Entwhistle concert available (I'm starting to sound like a salesman). Other than giving them a rough mix, I wasn't involved with that one though. I met John backstage in Philly during the Quad II tour. He was was very nice. I miss him.
Tom Volpicelli
The Mastering House Inc.
CD Mastering and Media Production Services

hurricaneE

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 03:47:22 PM »

Quote:

The fact that it's a bootleg makes it that much worse, IMHO. It wasn't recorded legally in the first place, so the rightful owners are getting screwed from the get go. By supporting bootlegs you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution and people wonder why the price of cd's has gone up so much.

I would much rather buy a legitimate copy, secure in the knowledge that a) Pete, Roger et al. are getting my money and b) Universal or whoever, knows that if they produce Who product, it'll get bought.  If a legit copy comes out, I'll buy it.  Until then, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to hear a live performance of my favorite album by my favorite band, esp. when I've bought so many (legit) versions of that album already, to say nothing of how much I've spent on Who (and Pete) catalog.  -E
Eric Tischler

Lee Tyler

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 07:16:13 PM »

Back to the Tommy Demo that the link provides, who in the heck is singing on this tune "We're Not Gonna Take It"?. I can't recognize anyone.  Shocked  Is that Roger and/or Pete?  Who in the world is that singing? The Moon man??? LOL Totally freaked listening to this stuff, by the way. I am beside myself and in some weird kind of alternate/BIZARRO "Tommy" heaven, where all things JUST do not seem to be normal/right...and I am loving it. LOL.

Secondary kudo's and a big booyah to JJ for his generosity in providing that link.

Lee
Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"

masterhse

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2006, 07:26:51 AM »

Lee Tyler wrote on Wed, 26 April 2006 19:16

Back to the Tommy Demo that the link provides, who in the heck is singing on this tune "We're Not Gonna Take It"?. I can't recognize anyone.  Shocked  Is that Roger and/or Pete?  

Sounds like a young Pete to me (on all parts).
Tom Volpicelli
The Mastering House Inc.

Gravity 8058

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 11:17:08 PM »

Well I suppose I can contribute a story involving the remastering of Quadraphenia.
In 1995 I attended a mastering session for a band I produced that took place at Gateway with Bob Ludwig.  When I went upstairs to use the men's room I heard Quadraphenia being scrubbed around.  Bob explained that Jon Astley (a mastering engineer from Britian who had Produced and engineered about half of the original Who records (not Tommy though) was upstairs remastering Quadraphenia.  

Sure enough we ended up having lunch together and he shared various Glyn Johns stories, and Who stories ....   pretty cool for my 26 yr old years.  Nice chap.

wwittman

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 03:21:06 AM »

And I believe Pete's brother in law.

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

Lee Tyler

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 11:07:03 PM »

Thanks for all of the info and links for Tommy stuff, you guys. You made my April!

LT
Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"

masterhse

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2006, 10:53:25 AM »

Does anybody have further info on this?

http://reporter.leeds.ac.uk/press_releases/current/live_at_l eeds.htm

There gots to be a Live at Leeds II CD in the works ...
Tom Volpicelli
The Mastering House Inc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.