R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cuebase  (Read 2405 times)

j.hall

Cuebase
« on: April 18, 2006, 11:44:05 AM »

i have a client that wants to cut some demos for me to hear before we start cutting tracks.

he has access to cuebase, but is not a "recording guy".  anyone here have any experience with cuebase?

is it fairly easy to get working?

gimme some thoughts.

starscream2010

Re: Cuebase
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 12:04:58 PM »

Cubase is extremely easy to work with, IMHO... It was the first program that "made sense" to me. I've used versions VST 5.0 through SX, and then I upgraded to Nuendo(same company). I feel that the GUI is very intuitive, especially, if you've ever sat in front of a hardware mixer before. Once you setup your drivers and audio card, all you have to do is arm your tacks and hit record.

My .02
"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax... "

Nick Evans

www.nickolusevans.com

scottoliphant

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 05:30:35 PM »

cubase and nuendo I *think* are practically the same thing. that being said, nuendo is very easy to use

cerberus

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:54:48 PM »

tip... "lanes" are like playlists in pt.. except they can all be visible on a track at once,  very handy for comping takes.

- you should read the parts in the [.pdf] manual on recording modes [cycle, overdub, punch in...etc..] (these controls are in the transport) and how to handle lanes (visible by a button on each track in the project window)

from there it should be a "cakewalk" tracking with cue-base sx.  

- if you know other daws, then the online help in sx may have enough 411 on the recording modes and using "lanes" to get you rolling without rtfm...

- don't forget to visit the session settings window (shift-s).
to set recording bit depth, sample rate, frame rate... pan law..etc..

- in the prefs: (command-,) you will find some options to mute and/or solo tracks or put them into record mode on selecting them or de-selecting them,,  to reset the song position/transport automatically on stop. to control the scrolling behavior, fast forward behavior and zoom behavior... and more...

- hardware prefs/driver settings are accessed via "f5" (the "hardware" panel)... you can set your hardware buffer sizes and other hardware options here in the "VST audiobay"/asio driver sections of this panel.

jeff dinces
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.