R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NRBQ with Carl Perkins - Boppin The Blues  (Read 928 times)

Otitis Media

NRBQ with Carl Perkins - Boppin The Blues
« on: April 11, 2006, 08:37:52 PM »

Recorded 1969 - I wish my LP of it wasn't so beat up.  The drums sound AMAZING!  The playing rocks, too.  Says it was recorded by Pete Weiss...is that the Peter Weiss on these (or other) internet fora?  

This is a great album - I've had it for years, I found it languishing in the vault of the radio station at my college many years ago.  Nobody was playing any of the vinyl anymore, and so I swiped it.  Smile
Dan Roth
Hired Gun

Ross Hogarth

Re: NRBQ with Carl Perkins - Boppin The Blues
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »

NRBQ was/is so underrated
these guys could play any style of music and were funny as shit as well all the while doing it

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com

J.J. Blair

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:38:36 PM »

One of my top five musical religious experiences was the first time I saw NRBQ live.  God I love that band.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

organica

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 07:49:55 PM »

I love the 1997 NRBQ classic  tune, " Next Stop Brattleboro" on the 'You're Nice People You Are " , CD ..... it's also on a compilation called, Freight Train Blues
 don't know why
it's quite ... "zany/magical"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 14 queries.