R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh boy, here we go... (Nuclear Iran)  (Read 9889 times)

zboy2854

Re: Oh boy, here we go... (Nuclear Iran)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 12:18:52 PM »

PookyNMR wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 11:59

I disagree.   The Saudi's are far more dangerous than Iranians.  Look at their political and religious landscape.  Look at where the money comes from for a lot of the mis-deeds in the middle east (hint:  it's Saudi Arabia)  Look at where the Bush family has their deepest connections.  It's one screwy tangled spider web of a mess with a little nuclear power added for seasoning.  

No doubt Saudi Arabia is a potential problem, but it's not as pressing as Iran.  The House of Saud is an ally of the U.S., albeit a delicate and tangled one.  The problem is all of the radical fundamentalists who want to overthrow the royal family and impose theocratic rule.  If they are successful in overthrowing the House of Saud, then yes, I'd agree Saudi Arabia would go right to the top of the list.  For now, as long as we can keep the royal family propped up there, they can be contained, at least until the Iran crisis is dealt with.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 12:22:26 PM »

I would disagree even further.  China is the greatest threat.

We don't make hardly anything any more -- China makes it for us.

Our trade deficit with them is huge.  If they refuse to sell to us we would take such a huge economic nose dive.

They are getting more entrepreneurial all the time -- actually inventing instead of making.  They're a building up their army.  They have hundreds of missles aimed at Taiwan (our other manufacturing buddy).

How many billion is the population of China?  If they march, who's going to stop them?

Oil at $6.00 a gallon.  It really should be that price already.  Europeans and Asians pay much more per liter.  We've just gotten off easy.  And I say that as a guy whose car gets 12mph (on the highway!).

Barry

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 01:37:18 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 11:22

Our trade deficit with them is huge.  If they refuse to sell to us we would take such a huge economic nose dive.

They are getting more entrepreneurial all the time -- actually inventing instead of making.  Their a building up their army.  They have hundreds of missles aimed at Taiwan (other other manufacturing buddy).

How many billion is the population of China?  If they march, who's going to stop them?

Oil at $6.00 a gallon.  It really should be that price already.  Europeans and Asians pay much more per liter.  We've just gotten off easy.  And I say that as a guy whose car gets 12mph (on the highway!).

Barry

Fukken Chineese, some bodies gotta take care of them once and for all.  This threat has been overlooked long enough.  Fukkers.....oooh I hate them!!!

They fukken always act so calm....that shit drives me crazy!

Then they always correct you, "No sir, number twelve comes with beef."

FUKK

We oughta fukken nuk'em til they glow and use their asses for runway lights.

Goddamn I hate those bastards, always trying to make shit and load it in them boats down there, you know at the dock.

Like,

they fill up those Panamanian flagged ships with those goddamned squeaky toys and alarm clocks, they make me FUKKEN SICK!!!!

Who owns those ships?

Fukk, who cares...

It probably has something to do with Globalization and the fukken Asians.

Let them try and refuse to sell me something!  FUKKEN TRY IT SHORTIE!!!!  

Now look here Lee, you're gonna give me that GODDAMNED sand shovel and bucket for $7.50 or I'm gonna put my big gringo boot right in your ass!!!!!

Fukken Chineese, they are such a threat....

We should start building West Coast defenses now!

SECURE THE BORDERS!!!!

THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE OUR SHIT!!!!!

KILL KILL KILL!!!!!

Er,

Also,

We all pay the same for gas....it's called the world market.  Some Eurons vote to tax themselves more than others thanx to General Patton and America's finest.  (meaning voting)

Who'd I leave out?

Oh yeah,

The gringos.

We don't make shit anymore.  We're fukked.  I guess the largest GDP in the world is not what we should reference, or being able to make a telephone call or shiting inside....

We should just talk about the fukken Chineese and how they have the potential to fukk us over.

ooooohhhh....I hate those fukken Chineese!!!!!

I had some Chineese food today at lunch.  An all you can eat buffet....fukken bastards charged me for my drink!!!!

lemme nough

tik

I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com

zboy2854

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 01:42:33 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 12:22

They are getting more entrepreneurial all the time -- actually inventing instead of making.  Their a building up their army.  They have hundreds of missles aimed at Taiwan (other other manufacturing buddy).

Barry

There is no shortage of long term threats, but the big question is who is the most pressing near term threat?  While China certainly poses a potential long term threat, in the here and now they are still not the immediate threat that a nuclear Iran poses.

While it's true that China could crush us economically if they so chose, it's not in their own interest to do so, since they rely on U.S. consumers to buy their stuff.  China is still a ways off from ramping up all of their own citizens into consumers that could make the nation self reliant economically.  Therefore, the deficit game will continue.

The other thing about China is that it's not at all certain that they will be a threat in the long term.  While they are currently a totalitarian regime, all the free trade between us and them, along with the internet, has had the effect of bringing with it western ideas and values that are transforming the way Chinese citizens, particularly the youth, believe a society should be.  As the saying goes, free trade makes for free people, and the movement for more freedoms and democratic reforms that is taking hold in China will most likely continue until the last vestiges of Communism in China crumbles from the inside.

It's true that we've enjoyed relatively low gas prices here, but because of all the other structural economic problems we've developed here, a doubling in fuel prices regardless of how they came about would cause a near or major economic collapse.

bblackwood

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »

Long but frightening read here.

I have no idea whether this is accurate or not, but just the thought of where this looks to be heading is chilling...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Barry Hufker

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 04:57:11 PM »

Zach, I think you make excellent points about China.  However an American army stretched to its limits (fighting a war in Iran!!) makes it unlikely we would be able or willing to help Taiwan.  And I am sure we have a pact with them that we would defend them.

Having said that, I can't counter any of your statements.

Iran: I have no doubt Mr. Bush wants to bomb the shit out of Iran.  That is his first plan every time no matter what else he says.  We over-threw Afghanistan -- and that has gone so terribly well.  We other-threw Iraq and that has gone so terribly well.

For months, there has been talk about our army being stretched to the limit.  Soldiers are pulling multiple tours.  Now we want to tackle Iran.  That country is a full 1/3 larger than Iraq!

Want to drag Al-Qaida into Iran?  Want to have a nuclear blast in the U.S.?  Go ahead, bomb Iran with nukes.

BUT!! It was North Korea that was the "imminent threat" just a few months ago -- and we threatened to bomb them!

Barry

PookyNMR

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 05:58:53 PM »

The Bush administration seems to have an alternative motive.  Bush and Saudis are tight with one another.  Saudis fund Iran's nuclear program.  US wants to attack Iran.  Saudis = oil kings.  Bush administration = oil kings.  Hmmm....  Me'z thinking something aint right here...
Nathan Rousu

rankus

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 06:34:30 PM »

Reagan and Kadafi (sp?) were going toe to toe in the 80's...  the Shaw of Iran was the "greatest threat to humanity" etc. etc.

This shit has been going on for many decades....

Here's my 2c:

The best way to control a population is to ensure they live in fear... that way you can pretend to "protect" them, and they may re-elect you....

Iran? Just another region to aim the silos at.. Good ole "Mutually Assured Destruction" should take care of the rest... It's been working for 40-50 years already.
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

zboy2854

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 07:09:09 PM »

rankus wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 18:34

Iran? Just another region to aim the silos at.. Good ole "Mutually Assured Destruction" should take care of the rest... It's been working for 40-50 years already.

Ahh, but herein lies the rub, and the difference this time around.  MAD has only worked when BOTH sides cared about surviving.  Now with the current virulent strain of Islamic fundamentalism, where dying is not only not feared, it is celebrated, embraced, and welcomed, the rules of the game change.  All it takes is someone who adheres to this type of fundamentalism to lead his nation into armageddon.  We don't know for sure yet, but Ahmadinejad looks like he might just fit the bill...

Tidewater

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 09:44:06 PM »

Agreed, Mr. Z.

BAHAHAHAHA! YEAH! TIK! Great to see you buddy!

#12!

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

George_

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 12:32:01 AM »

I can't stop turning my head from left to right...

how old are you guys? Irane is evil, oh no: the SAUDIs are evil.. oh.. nonono.. CHINA is the king of evil..

damned... something is wrong in your head guys..

35% of all the money investet in the US is from China.. if you nuke em you are in serious trouble (economical-wise)..

think further than #12.. please.. you are old enough
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

danickstr

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 12:44:05 AM »

i never thought i would be so ambivalent to violence against a people, but gosh I am seriously having trouble with getting mad at my government for setting up to pulverize the insane fanatics and theri innocent relatives.  guess 9/11 pissed me off quite a bit.

I am really tired of fanatics.  

very fucking tired of them.  

so tired of them that i can turn my head the other way if a bunch of their neighbors get the shit blown out of them to kill them.  that is not good, but it is accurate.

I am not proud of this, but this is the way I feel about now.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

John Ivan

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 05:14:44 AM »

danickstr wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 23:44

i never thought i would be so ambivalent to violence against a people, but gosh I am seriously having trouble with getting mad at my government for setting up to pulverize the insane fanatics and theri innocent relatives.  guess 9/11 pissed me off quite a bit.

I am really tired of fanatics.  

very fucking tired of them.  

so tired of them that i can turn my head the other way if a bunch of their neighbors get the shit blown out of them to kill them.  that is not good, but it is accurate.

Yes, sadly, I have these thoughts sometimes myself. If we go down this road though, I would think it only fair to include certain people in the West who claim to be Christians. They would need to go also.Certain people have taken this Ideology/spiritual belief system and radicalized to the point that Jesus would not recognize it.

I'm afraid I put some ultra right wing "leaders" of the Evangelical "right" in the same boat with Osama and his Kind.

People have made attempts at pointing out the differences but, in my opinion, have Failed to do so.

Criminally Insane people are Just that. Criminally insane.

Too bad.

JI..........................................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Tidewater

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 06:19:29 AM »

danickstr wrote on Thu, 13 April 2006 00:44

It's not PC to fear for one's own safety these days. The silent war against humanity is almost won.

I am pissed off that we haven't done more, I am pissed off that everything is a free-trade zone, and nobody has any national pride anymore... all nations.

I look forward to the moment of supreme resolution.

I am proud to feel this way, or all is lost. Everything I cherished, changed.

Vote for me. I am not afraid.

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

danickstr

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 12:17:08 PM »

lol  ya i am not sure if it is PC or mac, but i am sure having a hard time with philosophies that devalue other cultures/creeds/human life as inferior.  I would never do such a thing but I still feel that when a culture does this and I am forced to react, to sentence them to death is harsh.  but I did not make their death-stance mindset..they did.  And so for the sins of the father they must die?  Living in peace with someone who just wants me dead seems unintelligent.  if it's them or us or both of us, then count me in as a soldier.  and i suck at guns.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.