R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virtalähde Mastering, Finland - the build thread  (Read 3372 times)

bblackwood

Virtalähde Mastering, Finland - the build thread
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:32:30 PM »

Originally Posted by: Viitalahde on Mon, 20 September 2010

The time has come for me to move forward.

For years, me & my wife had been planning to move to the countryside and almost a year ago we finally made the move and bought a new home from Kuhmoinen, Finland.

The new location of nearly 200km from the location of my current room is most likely to change a few things, but the business has been growing steadily and I'm doing a lot of unattended sessions, so I look at the future with trust.

I've been working for about 4 years at Studio Kuu's room B in Helsinki, the last year commuting back and forth. The new room will be built inside a cold farming house that practically only works as an outer shell and a fine roof. The mastering room itself will be built on a dedicated frame and a new concrete slab.

I will try to do an update at least once a week. I'm targeting to move in by early January, but only after I'm sure the room is functioning as I expect it to. I've hired a pair of excellent carpenters for the job, and they will be building it to the state from where I can continue with the acoustics. My carpenters are a father and a son that also happen to play in the same band - a guitarist and a drummer!

First, I would like to show off a few photos of the actual location. These photos were mostly taken in August.

Jaakko Viitalähde
 Virtalähde Mastering, Kuhmoinen/Finland
 http://www.virtalahde.com
 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Helsinki-Finland/Virtalahde-Ma stering/278311633180
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.