R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone rocking Sonic DDP yet?  (Read 6385 times)

Bob Boyd

Re: Anyone rocking Sonic DDP yet?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2006, 01:10:02 AM »

masterhse wrote on Fri, 10 March 2006 14:27

Bob Boyd wrote on Fri, 10 March 2006 13:13

If you upgrade to PT7, you can put RTAS plugs on your aux and master faders as well.

Ah I knew there had to be a reason to upgrade!

I guess you can use those VST to RTAS wrappers on them now as well.

How well do previous versions of Waves products work with 7? Someone told me that I would need to upgrade those when going to 7.

When you buy Inspector XL, it installs as RTAS and VST.  But yes, wrappers are available.

I'm running Waves v.5 so I'm not sure what you have to have on PT7.  I just bit the bullet and bought WUP recently.  I have a fundamental problem with this business model but I had no choice.  Does anyone realize that not only does nobody else do business this way, no one else is following their lead!  That should be a sign!

What I really love is when they "include" plug-ins that I've already bought in other bundles so that they can justify WUP!

Next thing you know, they'll be charging annual rental on their hardware.
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

http://ambientdigital.com
http://myspace.com/ambientdigital

Twitter: @bobboyd

Look, I know it's mean.  But sometimes the end justifies the mean.

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2006, 01:25:18 AM »

Bob Boyd wrote on Sat, 11 March 2006 00:10

I'm running Waves v.5 so I'm not sure what you have to have on PT7.  I just bit the bullet and bought WUP recently.  I have a fundamental problem with this business model but I had no choice.  Does anyone realize that not only does nobody else do business this way, no one else is following their lead!  That should be a sign!

Hey Bob,

I would like to see Waves go to a Smorgasbord Plan where you get to pick out only the plug-ins that you want... 6-pack, 12-pack, 18-pack, etc...

It chaps me that I have the Platinum bundle (among others), but only use a few of the plugs, half of them are pretty useless for mastering... enigma, metaflanger, doppler, etc...

Although I don't use plug-ins too much anyway.

Cheers
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

Andy Krehm

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2006, 05:55:40 PM »

masterhse wrote on Thu, 09 March 2006 14:02

I've been demoing PreMaster CD. Other than the ability to create DDP images I still prefer Waveburner on OS9.

I've been waiting for upgrades to SpectraFoo TDM and a good CD creation program for OSX now for over a year. I'm about ready to bail on Macs as a good platform for mastering and switch to PC.

Wondering what issues the next Mac operating system will have when going to Intel, maybe the PC programs will work there?

As promised, here's a note from our tech guy, Ted, re using SpectraFoo & WB with PTs and OSX:

"At Silverbirch we installed an M-Audio Audiophile 192 card in the same Dual 2.0 G5. We run a SPDIF from Pro Tools 192 to the input of the M-Audio 192. Spectra-Foo standalone OS X works great with the Audiophile card. you just have to load it after Pro Tools starts opening so it doesn't default to the digidesign hardware and crash.

Waveburner 1.1 OSX 10.3.4 is working great with the 6.9 OSX drivers for the Pro Tools Hardware. Obviously you have to shut down Pro Tools or the hardware won't be available to OSX applications.

That's pretty much it.

The same setup worked on the 900mhz G4 so it doesn't require a lot of horse-power on the computer's part

Good luck
Ted"

Thanks to Jerry's post, we have ordered WaveBurner 1.2 and I am looking forward to try that.

Andy,

Silverbirch Productions

Bob Olhsson

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2006, 08:57:47 PM »

Jerry Tubb wrote on Sat, 11 March 2006 00:25

I would like to see Waves go to a Smorgasbord Plan where you get to pick out only the plug-ins that you want... 6-pack, 12-pack, 18-pack, etc...
You mean like when you click on native or TDM "plug-ins" on the left side of:

http://register.waves.com/WavesStore/StoreMain.aspx

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 02:16:11 AM »

Bob Olhsson wrote on Sun, 12 March 2006 19:57

Jerry Tubb wrote on Sat, 11 March 2006 00:25

You mean like when you click on native or TDM "plug-ins" on the left side of:

http://register.waves.com/WavesStore/StoreMain.aspx

Yes Bob... thanks for the link to the Smorgasbord!

But, at the single plug-in price you'd end up paying much much more.

To clarify, let's say you wanted you wanted to pick out 12 plugs... you'd expect to get a quanity price... rather than 12 x single plug prices.

But I guess, as with other things, if you're gonna be picky, you gotta expect to pay more.

Point taken.
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

yeloocproducer

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2006, 10:43:46 PM »

ok... 2.2 is out on their website... I'm going to check it out...

jdg

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »

it aint on thier site after all Sad

Quote:

Thank you for requesting a download of SonicStudio?DDP version 2.2 from   our   site.   Though the current demo   version is 2.1, version 2.2 is available by contacting Sales at 775-320-5448 or e-mailing ___insert_email_here .

john mcCaig
-Mothery Earworks Clarifold Audipure

yeloocproducer

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »

I got one just fine...check back... see if it's up now...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.