R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Strasbourg, France?  (Read 8159 times)

TheViking

Re: Strasbourg, France?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008, 08:26:25 AM »

We wrap up tracking today.   The band has done a great job of documenting the whole process.   Pictures can be found on my MySpace profile.   http://www.myspace.com/thevikingproducer   I have a lot more so if you're interested in seeing more, just PM me.

Downtown Studio is wonderful!   Didier Houbre (the studio owner/manager) is humble and helpful.   Great sounding spaces, good equipment and microphones.   He owns the best sounding Marshall JMP I've ever recorded.  He was also kind enough to share some plans with me for some diffusers that he built for his room that I had been interested in.   It's been a great experience.

Last day of tracking.   Tomorrow I return to the US.

Is this thing on?

Kevin Bruchert / The Viking
www.myspace.com/thevikingproducer

Brian Kehew

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 10:26:30 AM »

Strasbourg is beautiful. I much prefer it to Paris...
Relax and float downstream...

aip

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 04:56:55 AM »

I've been living in France for 30 years now, after joining up with French friends I had met in Ireland. I first lived in the south, in Montpellier, where I began learning French (like a child, using my ears), and I worked the grape picking two seasons. I traveled extensively between Spain & Italy around the south of France, & later to Strasbourg, Lyon, ... before setting up home in Paris. Having begun my life here with French friends was a huge advantage as far as "penetrating", and about the only time I ever speak English anymore is down at my local Irish pub. I played guitar in the Metro (Paris subway) for two years, and did a lot of construction, etc.; and now have a bit more stable life. As others have said, don't judge France by a Paris visit - get out & about. This country has a huge mix of cultures (music, food, alcohols, idioms,...), and is also evolving rapidly. It's a great adventure - and nowhere near as cold or snobbish as some think after a short visit. There are a lot of very good musicians, but not a real music scene as evident as in Ireland, US, Spain,...
For any that are tempted to come over - in spite of the Euro/dollar fiasco, I wish you a good trip.
In Vino Veritas !!!!!
aip

TheViking

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »

France was fantastic!   I actually can't wait to go back.   It was a great experience!

Here is a picture of my home away from home while I was there.   This is the control room at Downtown Studio in Strasbourg.

I'm knee deep in post production and mixing for this project.   I'll try to post some links when I have something to listen to.   Thanks again for the interest.

Is this thing on?

Kevin Bruchert / The Viking
www.myspace.com/thevikingproducer
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.