R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone please help with AT4033 ramping noise problem?  (Read 2362 times)

z

Can anyone please help with AT4033 ramping noise problem?
« on: March 13, 2006, 08:42:54 PM »

Hello all,
I have acquired an Audio Technica 4033a which develops noise and looses bass response as the phantom on my pre-amp ramps up to full voltage....What's happening? Is it most likely the capsule or capacitors?

What happens:

When the ramping phantom power from my preamp is initially switched on the mic comes to life in full, noiseless clarity and then after another 2-3 seconds becomes hissy and looses bass...

I have tried several other mics on the same channel and they are fine so it's the 4033 that's at fault.

The mic looks in good condition and does not look like it's been dropped and there are no crackly or wave like noise sounds i've heard from faulty capsules in the past.

As I had spares, I have replaced the two main 47u 50V and 47u 25V capacitors to no avail and would like to solve the problem myself (with your help!)if possible. There are a ton of tantalum's there too....scary...Can anyone help?

Circuit diagram would be good...

Update:
I also tried temporarily removing the centre wire to the capsule and the same noise start-up occurs so maybe the capsule is ok?
Thanks in advance.
simon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.