R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone rocking Sonic DDP yet?  (Read 6410 times)

bobkatz

Re: Anyone rocking Sonic DDP yet?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 11:24:40 AM »

yeloocproducer wrote on Wed, 08 March 2006 14:51

Ouch.  I thought it was just me.  When I first bought the program, I talked with development over there (not sure if it was trev or not)... and I said, "why does this program drive so clumsy???" and they told me that they were trying to make the transition to OSX easy for the old guard.

I'm sorry, I don't buy that explanation. What a smokescreen!

Marketing people should have their own Olympics. Everyone gets a gold medal.

BK
There are two kinds of fools,
One says-this is old and therefore good.
The other says-this is new and therefore better."

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

masterhse

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 02:02:58 PM »

I've been demoing PreMaster CD. Other than the ability to create DDP images I still prefer Waveburner on OS9.

I've been waiting for upgrades to SpectraFoo TDM and a good CD creation program for OSX now for over a year. I'm about ready to bail on Macs as a good platform for mastering and switch to PC.

Wondering what issues the next Mac operating system will have when going to Intel, maybe the PC programs will work there?
Tom Volpicelli
The Mastering House Inc.
CD Mastering and Media Production Services

jdg

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 02:14:30 PM »

masterhse wrote on Thu, 09 March 2006 11:02

I'm about ready to bail on Macs as a good platform for mastering and switch to PC.

me too. seriously.

i love OSX.. u'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of this operating system.. but its gotten to the point where i'm getting more work and its slowing me down to stay here.
john mcCaig
-Mothery Earworks Clarifold Audipure

Andy Krehm

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 04:52:23 PM »

masterhse wrote on Thu, 09 March 2006 14:02

I've been demoing PreMaster CD. Other than the ability to create DDP images I still prefer Waveburner on OS9.

I've been waiting for upgrades to SpectraFoo TDM and a good CD creation program for OSX now for over a year. I'm about ready to bail on Macs as a good platform for mastering and switch to PC.

Wondering what issues the next Mac operating system will have when going to Intel, maybe the PC programs will work there?

Tom:

WaveBurner for OSX works very well and we have been using Spectra-Foo in OSX for months. Ours is a stand-alone unit.

If you need more info, ask Spectra-Foo or I can ask my tech support guy to email you.

Other than the odd little quirk with WB (see earlier posts), it works very well.

If you need DDP, maybe just buy the inexpensive Sonic Program and only use it when someone requests DDP, which in my world, isn't very often.

Andy,

Silverbirch Productions

masterhse

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 07:02:27 PM »

Andy Krehm wrote on Thu, 09 March 2006 16:52

Tom:

WaveBurner for OSX works very well and we have been using Spectra-Foo in OSX for months. Ours is a stand-alone unit.

If you need more info, ask Spectra-Foo or I can ask my tech support guy to email you.

Other than the odd little quirk with WB (see earlier posts), it works very well.

If you need DDP, maybe just buy the inexpensive Sonic Program and only use it when someone requests DDP, which in my world, isn't very often.

Andy, thanks for the info.
What hardware are you using?

I tried the Spectrafoo demo but it wouldn't work along with my Pro Tools rig which makes it virtually useless for me. I think I might have to look into the new version of Waveburner. Do you know if this works with PT hardware?
Tom Volpicelli
The Mastering House Inc.

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 04:22:04 AM »

masterhse wrote on Thu, 09 March 2006 18:02

I think I might have to look into the new version of Waveburner. Do you know if this works with PT hardware?

Tom, WB works great through our PT HD 192 rig in Studio A, and our 002 in Studio B.
Don't know about with Spectrafoo though.

cheers
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

Bob Boyd

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 12:21:04 PM »

I dumped Spectra-Foo and bought Inspector XL.  It's actually a great little set of plugs and shows me everything I need to see.   Upgrade to ProTools 7, buy Inspector XL and be done with it.

Metric Halo is obviously not to concerned about our investment in their TDM version and I don't plan on giving them any more money for that product.
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

http://ambientdigital.com
http://myspace.com/ambientdigital

Twitter: @bobboyd

Look, I know it's mean.  But sometimes the end justifies the mean.

jfrigo

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 12:26:54 PM »

Ben F wrote on Thu, 09 March 2006 02:53

How about CD-text? ID3 Tags? Audiounits or VST plug in capability??

CD text is supported, but only Soundblade will support plugs. DDP and PMCD are not full featured DAWs, rather delivery programs that happen support many DAW-like features, but there has to be some difference among the several products at different price points. Soundblade is supposed to be shipping I think in late spring or early summer. The latest DDP seems to work fine for me, though I'm used to the Sonic commands so there was really no learning curve for me. I just pulled it up and started using it. And I think 4X delivery is working now, but I don't believe faster than that is ready yet. I'm still using HD in my main workflow, so I'm not a DDP guru, but these have been my experiences so far.

masterhse

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 12:59:53 PM »

Bob Boyd wrote on Fri, 10 March 2006 12:21

Metric Halo is obviously not to concerned about our investment in their TDM version and I don't plan on giving them any more money for that product.

My sentiments as well.

Inspector XL for only $90 now?
http://www.elementalaudio.com/cgi-bin/store/store.cgi?page=p lugins

Geez, this is almost a no brainer ...

On the web page I noticed that this is an RTAS plug only. Usually I use SpectraFoo on an aux track or the master fader where RTAS plugs are not allowed.

How do you use it Bob?
Tom Volpicelli
The Mastering House Inc.

Bob Boyd

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 01:13:46 PM »

If you upgrade to PT7, you can put RTAS plugs on your aux and master faders as well.

I run it in Peak 5 Pro as a VST most of the time (because of my workflow) and PT occasionally.  I usually have 2 screens up - the meter, showing me both peak and RMS and the spectrum analyzer which I'll glance at occasionally to find the annoying stuff quickly.

On the spectrum analyzer, I'll use either the FFT Analyzer or the Spectragram.  Seeing freq across time can be very useful.
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

reynaud

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »

Speaking of Inspector XL, Bob have you tried Bias Inc's Reveal (part of Peak Pro XT5) or do you use Peak Pro 5 only? I think its fairly good and the only reason I got the XT option. I prefer it to Inspector for some reason.

Bob Boyd

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »

I haven't tried it.  If I have time soon, I'll look it up.
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

masterhse

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2006, 03:27:50 PM »

Bob Boyd wrote on Fri, 10 March 2006 13:13

If you upgrade to PT7, you can put RTAS plugs on your aux and master faders as well.

Ah I knew there had to be a reason to upgrade!

I guess you can use those VST to RTAS wrappers on them now as well.

How well do previous versions of Waves products work with 7? Someone told me that I would need to upgrade those when going to 7.
Tom Volpicelli
The Mastering House Inc.

reynaud

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2006, 03:49:38 PM »

Waves version 5 plugins work fine in PT7, ensure you download the latest CS update (7.1cs5 i think) cause one of the CS updates caused some strangeness with Waves plugins and how they are displayed in the plugin menu. from cs4 i don't have that problem. if you have current WUP you can download the Waves PT7 updates free. If you are using version 4 (TDM) of any Waves plugins, they are only compatible on OSX with Pro Tools TDM 6.2.2 and Logic Audio 6.3.1.

turtletone

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2006, 11:14:27 PM »

Waves 4 is working on tdm 6.4.1. but it doesn't work in logic 7. Oh well, I'm sick of upgrades. I think I've spent more on freakin upgrades in the past few years to be able to buy 5 pieces of great hardware. Die software, die.

ok, I feel better now.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
info@turtletonestudio.com
www.turtletonestudio.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 19 queries.