R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Clocking Mbox Externally?  (Read 1518 times)

bigaudioblowhard

Anybody Clocking Mbox Externally?
« on: March 01, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »

Other than for digital transfers, anyone out there run an Mbox with an external clock. I understand the clock module would probably cost more than the Mbox but was wondering if the SPDIF might sound better with external clock.

bab

TheViking

Re: Anybody Clocking Mbox Externally?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 11:11:30 PM »

Yes...   I use an Apogee Rossetta AD converter for location recording on my Mbox2.   Clocking with the SPDIF I've had no issues at all.   In fact, I sometimes think it sounds better than my mix rig to track with.
Is this thing on?

Kevin Bruchert / The Viking
www.myspace.com/thevikingproducer

bigaudioblowhard

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 03:04:32 AM »

TheViking wrote on Wed, 01 March 2006 21:11

Yes...   I use an Apogee Rossetta AD converter for location recording on my Mbox2.   Clocking with the SPDIF I've had no issues at all.   In fact, I sometimes think it sounds better than my mix rig to track with.

Do you play back your files with the Mbox clocked to the Rosetta or play em back clocked internal? Have you noticed a difference?

bab

TheViking

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 11:45:10 AM »

bigaudioblowhard wrote on Thu, 02 March 2006 03:04

TheViking wrote on Wed, 01 March 2006 21:11

Do you play back your files with the Mbox clocked to the Rosetta or play em back clocked internal? Have you noticed a difference?

bab

I've always used the Rossetta with my Mbox2 so I don't know.   I'll have to unhook it and hear if there is a difference.   It sounds pretty good the way I set it up now and I've never noticed anything odd about it sonically.

The Apogee clock is most likely more superior than the internal clock.   Less jitter.
Is this thing on?

Kevin Bruchert / The Viking
www.myspace.com/thevikingproducer

thephatboi

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 03:04:31 AM »

Another great piece of gear to use with Mbox is the Apgee mini me, used just like the above Rosetta, spdf out, into spdf in on the Mbox.  The pres are actually very good and conveersion/clocking worlds above the mbox internal IMO
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.