R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analog console for electronic music  (Read 3779 times)

soliceseven

• Real Full Name: Patrick Hogan
Analog console for electronic music
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:09:44 PM »

Hello All,

Im a lurker here and this is my first post.....

Ive been producing synthpop and industrial music for several years. I started mixing on consoles with adats (god i don't miss the adats) Anyway im in the box now with a pretty good rig  that consists of a Mac Pro Waves SSL, CLA Comps  and lots of other great plugins a FF800 Vintech 1272 LA610mk2 Art Pro Vla Trident 4T JBL LSR4326p Monitors and ive got Focal twin 6 BE's on the way Lots of great keyboards and other toys. My recordings are the best Ive done and getting better.

But........
I really miss mixing on a console and i love the sound of my synths and drums running through my High end pres. So my question is what should i be lloking for in an analog console to keep the level of quality i have and take it to the next level.

I cant wait to hear your thoughts.

I really mis

Bubba--Kron

Re: Analog console for electronic music
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:45:27 PM »

Jim Williams is selling a soundcraft in the makret place here.  Its perfect for you, especially with the mods I'm sure he did on there are probably amazing!!

http://repforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,1253.0.html
Cheers
Cheers, Bryan Richards

rjc

• Real Full Name: Ray Cologon
Re: Analog console for electronic music
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:58:13 AM »

If it's only mixing you will be doing, rather than mixing and tracking, then routing won't be a major issue, so you could probably consider using a live mixing console. In which case you might wish to look around for older Midas boards, which sound very good and can sometimes be had at quite modest prices.
Ray Cologon
Darksky Media
http://www.darksky.com.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.