R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Future?  (Read 5899 times)

spcbrown

Re: Possible Future?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 03:12:19 PM »

Thanks for all the input and suggestions folks. If at all possible I am going to study engineering, and I don't have to go to USC.I just know it would be an excellent place to get the piece of paper. Yes...state university would be just fine or some other practical school. Also, I have actually considered law,previously, but I'd be more interested in areas other than entertainment if I chose to become a lawyer.
Damn it though...USC does offer a degree in just about everything, with so many minors that I'm interested in too.
I'm putting the wagon in front of the horse again. Thats a problem I have often.
regards,
Adam "The Thread Jacker" Brown

Tidewater

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »

Entertainment lawyers, in entertainment court... judge comes riding in on a unicycle, with a little horn...

-honka-

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clown2.gif

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

spcbrown

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 02:45:58 AM »

It has begun...sort of...applied for my VA benifits earlier today...and will be enrolling in classes on Monday for the Summer...knew I waited to damn long...I am choosing EE, so if at all possible...Summer/Fall 2010 I'll have my BS in EE and have lots of open doors in front of me, for a change.
regards,
Adam "The Thread Jacker" Brown

Bob Olhsson

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 09:11:35 AM »

USC has by far the most impressive recording engineering degree program I've ever run into.

There aren't a lot of graduates but I understand they are in great demand which is something I can't really say about any other school that I'm aware of.

garret

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 10:26:30 AM »

spcbrown wrote on Sat, 04 March 2006 02:45

It has begun...sort of...applied for my VA benifits earlier today...and will be enrolling in classes on Monday for the Summer...knew I waited to damn long...I am choosing EE, so if at all possible...Summer/Fall 2010 I'll have my BS in EE and have lots of open doors in front of me, for a change.

Good luck to you!   I have a BS in aero engineering, and though I wasn't an EE, I took the same core and several EE classes...   A bit of a warning, since you have the time, take the spring to brush up on your core math & science.   Anything you've taken in the past (high school calculus, etc.), you should know cold before the first day of class.  They won't review anything they expect the kids to know cold from high school.

Maybe get a copy of the EIT reference manual, and go over anything that looks familiar.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0912045566/104-5089650-0737 553?v=glance&n=283155

Best,
-Garret

tomorrow is already here - http://www.worksongs.net/

trebor_zaid

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 05:43:50 PM »

I would like to put in my non-musical 2cents here.

She will support you as long as it's the best thing for the "family". Which is her main concern. I have a friend in a situation sort of like this. His girlfriend waited patiently and supported his music for years and years,...and years. He never went anywhere with it per say. Then they got married. Now it's her turn. She was patient for him, now "she" wants a family and now he has to do for her as a husband, and father.

Most women are into your dreams IF you are in the dream already. Like the dream is happening to a degree, it's already rolling, or your doing something to work towards it, and there's a future she can see in the real world for it. Even if it is just a little, at least it's goin'. Audio engineering is tough since most women can't see a real world use for it. Even though every time they turn on the radio, they hear what we do, something like audio engineering is something they need to SEE to make the money making career connection. I have another friend who is a mix board designer, who carried around a picture of a board and a module so he can show people what he does, cause when he tells them without the pics, they just don't get it.

Women are not so fond of dreams that take years and years and don't go anywhere, or ones that she doesn't see much future in the real world for. Even if you are so pationette about the thing and you love it, if it takes to, too much time away from you being a father and husband and isn't really going anywhere and hasn't "been" anywhere, she is not going to go fo it. Especially if it is a "career" situation.

I do agree with Rick though, but with a stipulation, "NEVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS! As long as they jell with the wife!" Wink

YOu can try getting a PT gig at a radio station or recording studio doing anything. Just get in there. That might help get the $$ rolling in (satisfying her) on the dream, while you are forwarding the rest of the dream through school. Compromise is a wonderous thing  Very Happy
r

carival

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 12:12:08 PM »

If you want to record sounds, study audio engineering.  If you want to record music  that the "artist", players, and "normal" (nonmusic) people like, study psychology and music.  A liberal arts education may help one to learn what he/she chooses more easily.  My simplified $.02

chris rival
middleville studio
http://www.chrisrival.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.