R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What interface are you using to get in/out of your DAW?  (Read 16602 times)

subvert

• Real Full Name: Ben Williams
Re: What interface are you using to get in/out of your DAW?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »

Used to be RME with digiface, now Prism Orpheus and using the built in converters
Subvert Central Mastering
http://www.scmastering.com

Cass Anawaty

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »

AES16 (2)
Cass Anawaty, Mastering Engineer
www.sunbreakmusic.com

jamesp

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 08:33:34 AM »

Eight-plus years of RME Digi96 use here. Zero issues, zero complaints (except they don't appear to make drivers for anything past WinXP)...

I thought that this was the case with my 9636 but I notice that RME now say that the XP driver (V2.11) will also work in the 32 bit version of Windows 7 but only in ASIO mode.

James.
James Perrett - JRP Music
http://www.jrpmusic.net

adamgonsa

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »

I just got an AES16eSRC and love it so far.
Adam Gonsalves
Telegraph Mastering

bblackwood

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »

I thought that this was the case with my 9636 but I notice that RME now say that the XP driver (V2.11) will also work in the 32 bit version of Windows 7 but only in ASIO mode.

James.
Interesting info, thanks. I'm thinking I'll be buying / building a new DAW soon, so this may be useful info (though I'll still probably have to replace them as they're all PCI)...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Noah Mintz Mastering

• Lacquer Channel Mastering
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »

I use a Lynx One and a Lynx 16. The beauty of that is that they run different ASIO drivers so they run completely independently. I have a sequoia loaded for each. One for playback and one for record. No issues with different sample rates.
Noah Mintz
Senior Mastering Engineer @ Lacquer Channel Mastering
http://www.lacquerchannel.com | [email protected]

Gold

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »

RME AES32 and Lynx2 with LAES card. One for pitch and the other for catch.
Paul Gold
Salt Mastering

saint

• Producer/Engineer/Mixer
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »

Lynx Aurora 16's into an HD3 system. BTW, their internal clock (if you don't have a great outboard word clock such as the Antelope Atomic Clock) is one of the very best I have ever heard. Actually beats the Big Ben. Was designed by the same guy that originally made the Ardsync (& then went on to invent the Antelope Isocrone Rubidium Clock that RULES today!), which if you don't work higher than 96K rates is still the best most affordable clock out there. Have to go to ebay, though.
Blue Skies!  Saint

bblackwood

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 12:25:12 PM »

*temporary bump while thread porting from old forums happens*
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

saint

• Producer/Engineer/Mixer
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »

Lynx Aurora 16's. Excellent and un-hyped sound. If you don't have an Atomic clock, their internal clock is AWESOME and was designed by the same person who came up with the original ArdSync and the Atomic Clock!
Blue Skies!  Saint

aleatoric

• Real Full Name: Mark Trewella
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 08:28:17 PM »

M-Audio Profire 2626.  Surprisingly no complaints, driver issues or otherwise, the thing has been rock solid for me.  The reason I use this interface is so I can run Pro-Tools M-Powered on my PPC G5 (Pro-Tools 9 is not supported on PPC so I am stuck with either using a Digidesign or M-Audio interface and running Pro-Tools 8 until I get a Mac Pro and upgrade to Pro-Tools 9).  I still occasionally get film sound work in (what I did before I got into mastering) and having Pro-Tools is essential for that.  For mastering I am running Reaper and WaveBurner, although Pro-Tools has come in handy a number of times for the rare complicated editing task in mastering.   

Setup is Mytek 96 DAC and Mytek 96 ADC on Spdif and the Optical Toslink output for monitoring feeding my Benchmark DAC1.  Never used the analog in's and out's on the Profire 2626, nor do I have any desire too.  It is essentially an overly complex digital I/O for my needs that doubles as a Pro-Tools M-Powered dongle.

Hermetech Mastering

• Real Full Name: Gregg Janman
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »

Quick question: If I was to use somethign with a USB connection, such as the Lavry DA11 or Grace Design M903 monotor controller/DAC/headphone amp combos out there, would that bypass the necessity for a separate digital interface/PCI card for the PC?

Treelady

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 09:05:37 AM »

Quick question: If I was to use somethign with a USB connection, such as the Lavry DA11 or Grace Design M903 monotor controller/DAC/headphone amp combos out there, would that bypass the necessity for a separate digital interface/PCI card for the PC?

If the Lavry box gives you enough I/O, you would not necessarily need an extra interface.  You'll see people here with multiple cards or 32-channel cards because:

1. Some people pitch at one sample rate and catch at another (usually requires two different cards)
2. Having many i/o "pipes" on a card can alleviate the need for a router (e.g. Z-Sys, TC System 6000) - depending on the routing software of the card and your needs, of course.
3. Some people feed more than their chains with AES signal.  For example: monitor system, metering system, external reverb, digital boxes that aren't always in the chain, another room in the studio...

Hermetech Mastering

• Real Full Name: Gregg Janman
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Randyman...

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 10:12:04 PM »

RME HDSP MADI PCI > SSL Alpahlink MADI AX (via MADI Optical).  Then I patch a second SSL Alpahlink AX (ADAT only) into the 1st Alpahlink MADI AX for a full 48 analog I/O over MADI (32 I/O @ 96K).  Upgraded from RME Digiface and RME ADI-8 Pro setup - I like the SSL converters better...

RME 's hardware and drivers have been rock solid across a good 10 or so RME products in my DAW lifetime.  I almost went with the SSL MADI I/O card, but I'm glad I stuck with RME HDSP...

Never owned any USB or Firewire interfaces and don't ever plan on it.  PCI/PCIe or bust   8)
Randy Visentine
Semi-Pro Engineer
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.