R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any gear review sites out there?  (Read 1510 times)

trebor_zaid

Any gear review sites out there?
« on: March 14, 2006, 02:43:45 PM »

Hello,
  I am going to be buying some gear here soon, and I was hoping that there is a gear review site out there on the net that I can compare items, get useage reviews, and look at over all performance details (pros and cons). Old and new equipment.

Besides this wonderful website, are there any gear sites like a Consumer Reports for musicians? Consumer Reports is VERY thorough, ...love that!
r

PS: if there aren't any sites like a Con. Rpts site for musicians,..........there needs to be  Cool would be coooooool!!!!

hargerst

Re: Any gear review sites out there?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 08:32:18 PM »

The big problem is that a lot of gear is subjective; depends on how and what you're gonna use it for.

If you have specific gear in mind, you'll get a lot of answers here from major industry people.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

Dave Martin

Re: Any gear review sites out there?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:04:19 PM »

hargerst wrote on Tue, 14 March 2006 19:32

If you have specific gear in mind, you'll get a lot of answers here from major industry people.

And minor industry people, and food service industry people...

If it helps, any post that starts with "I've heard that the (insert equipment in question here)..." is probably not gonna be a lot of help to you. In many forums - though not, of course, this one - the actual user base for most pieces of year is far outnumbered by the opinion base.

When searching online for opinions about audio gear, its important not only to find those folks who have actually USED a given piece of equipemnt, but also those who have used enough other gear to have an informed opinion.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 16 queries.