R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sytek MPX-4Aii  (Read 17109 times)

Re: Sytek MPX-4Aii
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »

Buzz wrote on Fri, 24 February 2006 23:17

http://www.seventhcirclestudios.com/SCA/SCA.htm

Later
Buzz

I have the MPX4 and it is a nice clean pre IMO

Ditto - I think you should take a look at these.  If you're "financially challenged" this is the way to go.

I have all four flavors.  For your rockin purposes, take a look at the A12 and N72..

Mike

twonky

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 02:11:02 PM »

karlo wrote on Fri, 24 February 2006 19:09

while mic pre's will have a definite effect on a final quality of reproduced material, i find microphones to be much more important. what's in your mic locker?

Great question! I have been thinking about that as well,

2 x ADK A51
5x Shure SM57
2x Sennheiser 421
matched pair of Earthworks TC30k
Shre Beta 52
CAD E 200 ( i think that's the model #)
Behringer ECM3000 (cheap omni mics)
AKG c2000 ( i think that's the model #)
AT ATM 25
some little Radio Shack clip on mics like the sennheiser E603s

I am thinking about getting an SM7 for vocals and a pair of small diaphragm condensers. But I dont know what else I need.

Thanks for any info

Ian

karlo

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 06:57:38 PM »

while your mic locker will cover your basic needs, i recommend getting that sm7 or ev re20, plus a decent tube lcd BEFORE investing into another preamp.
people on budget - RNP is good. sytek too. unless you're auditioning the entire mix (10+ tracks at once) you will not notice any improvement over your on-board pre's.
are you digital?
if you're going thru some kind of converter and back, it better be a good one - otherwise you should stick with your board pre's.
this is to tell you that no matter how great the improvement of your pre's - what you put into it (mic) and the path before hitting its final destination (converters, processing, etc.) can be even more important.
good luck

twonky

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 09:28:02 AM »

Karlo-

Thanks, I am digital. Could the SM7 or RE20 work well for guitars too?

the SM7 or the RE20 do seem like mics I need to have one of. At this point I gotta choose between the two. I have seen a lot of people the RE20 on kicks. But my main reason for getting something like the sm7 is for loud vocals. Which one of these mic seems more versitile?

All that being said, i guess i would really have to jump to a high dollar pre to notice any qualitative difference in sound?

thanks

spoon

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 01:44:39 PM »

twonky wrote on Tue, 28 February 2006 08:28

Karlo-

Thanks, I am digital. Could the SM7 or RE20 work well for guitars too?

the SM7 or the RE20 do seem like mics I need to have one of. At this point I gotta choose between the two. I have seen a lot of people the RE20 on kicks. But my main reason for getting something like the sm7 is for loud vocals. Which one of these mic seems more versitile?

Either of these two will work for guitars equally well.  In fact they are two of the most versatile dynamics around (and the MD421).
You will not go wrong with either purchase.

Good Luck,
spoon

Juergen

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2006, 09:30:37 PM »

If you're ideally shooting for APIs, then you might wanna check out OSA preamps...apparently there's a lot of people like them.

Personally, I have not had any experience with APIs or Syteks, nor OSAs.

juergen
Signature: The fakultative signature, which will appear with the soil of your reports
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.