R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: UAD-1 card used?  (Read 7834 times)

eightyeightkeys

Re: UAD-1 card used?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 08:41:30 PM »

James :

Your problems with the UAD sound alot like the de-normalization problem that Pentiums had. But, I haven't heard these issues associated with UAD plugs.

I had the exact same symptoms with some PSP plugs (but quite a while back). Mateuz Wozniak from PSP actually wrote a plug-in to combat the de-normal problem before updating the whole MixPack.

If you do a Google on de-normalization plug-ins you'll find some links to free plug-ins that you insert before the offending UAD (or any other) plug-in.

Dave T.
D&D Music

rankus

Re: UAD-1 card used?
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »

UAD forums refer to this as "CPU Munching"  I would suggest a search on the UAD forums with this in the tag.... It should turn up something.

I've always stuck with Athlon motherboards, due to the "de-normal" issue of yore... they have never let me down on my audio boxes....  Sometimes a MoBo swap is the only answer though. (Make sure to exhaust all other options first)

Excellent advice from everyone.

Love UAD !  (PSP is ok... if your friends don't see you using it..)
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.